Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ECMspy, megalog tunning

Excellent writeup. I have a question though.

I have done the log/tune/relog process a few times and I am now at exactly 102.1 AFR dead on, high and low. Does that sound normal or should they always be separated some? The bike seems to run well, but still has a small amount of flutter/chugging at light throttle low rpm situaions such as crusing around town at 2100-2300 rpm. This is a race ECM and I already have the white wire disabled, but I still have some stumble in that range. Any tips?

Do you think I should just keep at it until am at 100 AFV constantly?

Thanks

Yea keep going until your at 100. Mine stays at 98% thats as close as I could get it. That stumble is a fueling issue, Gbalias figured it out and posted the fix, Link

Very helpful, thanks. I tried the fix from Gbalias on my current "close" map and its much better.

Now I'm off for some more logging. Just to make sure I'm not chasing my tail here, I am repeating logging steps 1 and 2 in order each time, ie:
    -logging with open loop learn and stuff off
    -Use MLV to make a new map from that log
    -flash that map and re-enable open loop learn, etc.
    -log again
    -use this info only to verify my AFV min/max for that run
    -Back to disabling the open loop learn, rinse, repeat.

Or should I be making a map from the second logging run using OLL? I think I am doing it right. I'm just unsure because AFV only changed by .1 the last time and it's still a little off 100. Maybe I'm impatient... actually I know I am.

Thanks again

are you locking your afv at 100 min/max and turning off the closed loop learn enable to log. Megalog ve a new map then turn everything back on and go for a good ride and see if the afv moves.

You will know when your as close as you can get the over all change will only be a point or two per cell. If your that close change your setting to hard or very hard if you keep logging in the ve analyzer advanced settings or you will just be chasing environmental changes.

That's how I'm doing it, so I must be on the right track. I may do one more before I switch up to hard.

Make sure you reset your afv at 100 in the diagnostics page before you log. Sounds like you on the right track.

Hi
    great info. 07 XB12X Got a question about ignition timing. Comparing the fr\rr ignition tables the rear timing at 7000 rpm 10-60 tps is 20' less than the front. Anyone shed any light on why?
    thanks

Im lost when it comes to timing. You might want to start a new post and ask that question.

Well I made the rear timing the same as the front. Made a few adjustments to smooth the curve. Been logging and analysing, bike seems to be running OK. Time will tell
    cheers

consider it a soft rev limiter. kinda.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast