Thread: Riders Beware!!!

Riders Beware!!!

I recently had placed an order with MDI CarbonFiber and had the worst experience I've had in a long time with an online order. I placed an order and was contacted later in the day saying that the specific finish I wanted was not available but a similar item was and is in stock so I willingly changed my order. I received a shipping confirmation the next day stating the item was shipped via USPS 2-3 day priority mail that I was charged for. Then 3 days go by still no product so I researched the tracking info provided to me and it still shows that the order has not shipped, I contacted them again and they told me that the item shipped today and I should have it in 2 days. So I wait another 2 days still no product, I track the order again and still not shipped, I then email MDI again and inquired about the order and was told it shipped today again when it should have shipped a week ago. So I wait another 2 days still no product. At this point I'm getting frustrated with the whole process and blatant lies that I've been told. I contact MDI one last time stating that I would like to know exactly what is going on with the order. No reply for 3 days at this point I have already filed a dispute via my CC company and a formal complaint with the BBB. I finally receive a reply from MDI saying that the item has shipped and I should receive it today and that if I don't want it just send it back. Guess what the item never arrived, and my CC company got no push back from MDI on refunding the payment. So riders beware, this is a shady company that doesn't have any issues lying to their customers. Had I received any reply from MDI stating that the item was out of stock or that there was a lead time on the item or even offered a refund I possibly would have waited it out or taken the refund.

Yeah, I bought their products before. Not a good experience for me. I kinda laugh when I see them posting on the XB Facebook page trying to sell their products.

For me they sent some wrong items and the items specifically for my Xb12Scg had fitment issues. I wasn't expecting an exact fit for what I paid but I wasn't impressed. I had to dispute through PayPal but got my money back.

Pulled the trigger and bought the "real" stuff from American Sportbike.

Thanks for the heads up fellas .

Glad I saw this......I was just about to order from them. Thanks for the warning.

Except this thread is so old that ASB has been out of business for awhile now

But even though it is old, MDI is not, and is the business being discussed.

I have bought stuff from MDI before and received the correct stuff the first time. I have no idea what their return policy is.

Its cheap, and it's cheap. Exactly what I expected for the price I paid.

I believe there is some due-diligence and consumer culpability required when dealing with any company offering inexpensive parts, regardless of their origin. Maybe I'm jaded? But I don't expect perfection at low-ball prices. YMMV.

I absolutely agree with that Cooter. In most cases, you truly do get what you pay for.