Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between xb and 1125

Difference between xb and 1125

I think i might want to try an 1125 out? How is the ride vs the 12s? Major concern is the handlebar viberation due to my wrist problems...id love to try one but no dealers have a used one. Any info?

Vibration can be bad, but weighted bar ends helped alot. Several times on long rides id get off with numb hands.

I have weighted bar ends and bar end mirrors. Mirror actually changed the vibration frequency so its not an issue. Can't see sh1t in the mirrors in upper rpm range, but I'm not looking behind me when I am in fun mode. Power difference is awesome.

I find the CR to be much more "well mannered" than the XB. I'm actually surprised most about the "quiet zone" of the aerodynamics. On mine, the airflow must be getting pushed up and over, instead of being blasted in the face like and XB (even with a Zero Gravity extended flyscreen).

I have the high bar kit on mine and find it to be very nice. Every XB I've had needed Renthal bars to make it comfortable. The stock XB bars were too narrow and swept back for me.

Also, even though my XB12S was hopped up, I could bang the throttle wide open and hold on for dear life. I don't dare do that with my stock CR.

My only complaint is that is gets HOT riding it in traffic. I thought the XB radiated a bunch of heat, but this gets much hotter. I've heard stories of people boiling their fuel in the tanks on 1125s!

YMMV

The power is definitely awesome and completely different than an XB. They do/can get very hot in traffic.

I still have a usable set of high bars in my garage.

The power is definitely awesome and completely different than an XB. They do/can get very hot in traffic.

I still have a usable set of high bars in my garage.

I find myself riding the CR much more frequently than my XB12R now a days...

Ok, so its worst or the same for the vibes on the xb12?

For me my 1125CR is worse than my xb9. They smooth out pretty good and different bars/end weights would probably help.

Come down to tx and you can try one out!

Thanks for the offer, i was hoping someone was closer..haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast