Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between xb and 1125

I don't find the handlebar vibrations on either bike to be bad at all? I can't stand most I-4's though...

The XB and 1125's are completely different animals built for completely different reasons.

I wound up putting some weatherstripping tape on the frame around the perimeter that the seat covers and it seems to have helped. I noticed quite a bit of air escaping around the gaps around the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
    The power is definitely awesome and completely different than an XB. They do/can get very hot in traffic.

I still have a usable set of high bars in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I don't find the handlebar vibrations on either bike to be bad at all? I can't stand most I-4's though...

The XB and 1125's are completely different animals built for completely different reasons.
    I always view the 1125cr as the successor to the Lightning and the 1125r as the successor to the Firebolt. But, I agree they (XB vs 1125 platform) are two completely different animals.

My two bobs worth... I have an XB12S & an 1125CR. Have also owned an XB12SS (since sold). The ride on the XB12S is easy and much fun at legal speeds, where as the CR comes into its own and shines when crossing the legal speed barriers and climbing higher. The CR is designed for speed. I find that the XB12S definitely has more bar vibration particularly at lower revs & lower speeds than the 1125CR. As the revs get higher on the S, the vibration becomes smoother and less noticeable. Bar vibration on the CR is there, but not too noticeable right through the rev range, pretty smooth really. However the CR (at this point) still has the standard Clubman bars. The forward riding position and the steeper angle of the hand grips that come with the CR Clubman bars, can be stressful on the back, shoulders, arms and wrists if you're are an old fart like me or have some skeletal / muscular ailments like me. I've considered high bars (such as Cosworth's spare set) because of the back and wrist stress on the CR, but I have made myself give it a fair go. It's been about a year so far. At this point, I have not decided to make any changes as far as fitting a high bar kit. I love riding both the CR and S, they are very different bikes, both much fun, but I have become a bit more used to riding the CR, whereas initially I found it stressful on back and wrists. The upright positions of my past XB12SS and present XB12S have been stress free and a pleasure, other than the hand/wrist vibration and sometimes wind blast hitting the under front of my full face helmet being directed up from the fly screen at higher speeds.

The clubmans on my CR made it a fun track or 80 mile bike. The high bars made it a 600 mile bike!

For the record I'm tall. And old. And kinda whiney...

I noticed that wind blast on my XB on the highway as well. I just assumed it was to be expected with the tiny XB windscreen. When i first saw the windscreen on the CR, I thought it was going to be much worse, however it is much much better. I don't know how they did it or if I'm just drinking too much Kool-Aid, but it just seems like the "riders area" somehow is much calmer and quieter. The flip side to that is, now that it is hot as heck in Phoenix (116 today), I need all the air moving past me that I can. Superheated or not! Lol

I'm thinking about getting a bar snake or some other bar ends to help take some of the vibration from the bar. It's not bad, but I do catch myself looking too long in the mirrors to figure out of the shaking headlights behind me is Johnny Law. Hey, it's hard bike to ride at the speed limit. It's seems most at home around 80.

Quote Originally Posted by au-rora View Post
    My two bobs worth... I have an XB12S & an 1125CR. Have also owned an XB12SS (since sold). The ride on the XB12S is easy and much fun at legal speeds, where as the CR comes into its own and shines when crossing the legal speed barriers and climbing higher. The CR is designed for speed. I find that the XB12S definitely has more bar vibration particularly at lower revs & lower speeds than the 1125CR. As the revs get higher on the S, the vibration becomes smoother and less noticeable. Bar vibration on the CR is there, but not too noticeable right through the rev range, pretty smooth really. However the CR (at this point) still has the standard Clubman bars. The forward riding position and the steeper angle of the hand grips that come with the CR Clubman bars, can be stressful on the back, shoulders, arms and wrists if you're are an old fart like me or have some skeletal / muscular ailments like me. I've considered high bars (such as Cosworth's spare set) because of the back and wrist stress on the CR, but I have made myself give it a fair go. It's been about a year so far. At this point, I have not decided to make any changes as far as fitting a high bar kit. I love riding both the CR and S, they are very different bikes, both much fun, but I have become a bit more used to riding the CR, whereas initially I found it stressful on back and wrists. The upright positions of my past XB12SS and present XB12S have been stress free and a pleasure, other than the hand/wrist vibration and sometimes wind blast hitting the under front of my full face helmet being directed up from the fly screen at higher speeds.

all i was after was bar vibrations...i moved back to a cromo bar on my xb and its better, but i still want to try an 1125
    Last edited by Restlessrustler; 06-05-2016 at 08:39 PM.

I find the Clubman stock Cr bars are super comfortable for my wrists and it helps keep you out of the wind right in that sweet spot in your airodynamics

Hp and torque

1125CR FTW !!

Having owned both an xb12r and and 1125cr -

I miss my xb dearly. It was a fun bike, it sounded awesome and handled awesome.

BUT.

The 1125cr is an ANIMAL. The power delivery is brutal. It handles like a razor blade. It scares me. I love it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast