Thread: Should I buy this Xb9sx?

Should I buy this Xb9sx?

So, i have posted 3 times and can now start a thread.

Im working on finding a buell for myself and think ive found the one.

Its a 2005 Xb9sx with 10k miles
    the guy is asking $3,200

Here's the link:
    https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/5574785967.html

i test rode it and it rode well besides the clutch engaging a little prematurely, but that's my only complaint.

However, there is a very small dent (VIEW ATTACHMENT) on the left side frame above where the peg assembly bolts into the frame.
    This is my only worry. its purely cosmetic and a superficial dent. but, to repair it would be expensive and i just want my bike to be in good condition.
    i asked the guy if the bike had ever been down and he said no ( i believe him, none of the usual areas were affected; pegs, swing-arm, forks etc..)

I just want yalls opinion. its the cheapest and lowest miles i could find. ill pick it up early next week unless yall have any strong objections.

Thanks for yalls input
    -Tyler
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inactive
    a cityX is a very nice buell and the 984 motor very smooth and responsive. price is competitive...offer him 300 less and then agree to meet in the middle. a clutch that typically engages at the END of the lever throw is usually terminal. one that engages at the early stages of the lever throw can be rectified with proper clutch pack screw adjustment in conjunction with cable barrel adjustment. a 2 stage process that when done correctly restores proper lever feel. buy the bike.

The only thing that worries me about the clutch is that the improper adjustment may yield premature wear on the the plates.
    I just replaced and adjusted my clutch cable on my 00 sportster that i sold to find my buell bug. so im confident i can complete this job quicky

you seem to be confident in the bike. Thanks for the quick reply loony!

Love my 9sx. this one doesn't look like its been modded yet, and the mileage isn't bad.

what exhaust is that on it? Nice bike, you'd be a fool not to buy it and ride the hell out of it. I have an xb12s and I am going to buy me another xb9 as soon as i find the right one. maybe you can cover that dented part of the frame with a carbon fiber cover shield....

I'm not sure what exhaust is on it. The owner didn't know. After I own it I'll find out!

Thanks for the reply guys!
    I'm already digging being a Buell guy!

At first glance the pipe looks like it may be a Drummer, if so you got lucky its a bloody good muffler!