Thread: Track day deal or no deal?

Track day deal or no deal?

Track here in tucson has $80 non member price, and $150 membership that gets you $60 track days with no inspections to ride. This is a Honda circuit I think it's called musclemans and there are YouTube videos plus the track was really well maintained. So is the high, low, or what as the only track I have ever rode on were streets.......?" The Dragon, Blood mountain, and Mt lemmon"!

That's cheap, but does it include anything? Mine is more but I get free tire changes, ART1 training, coffee, snacks, spare parts if they have what you need, suspension setup, etc. And lastly I would NEVER EVER ride with any organization that doesn't have tech inspection!!!!!! That is just effing insane! Basically what your track or organization is saying......bring whatever piece of unsafe **** you have and feel free to go out and put every riders life in danger. Not for me man, it's ur ass and everyone else's on the line with un teched machines going out.

They said that they doubt have inspection because the track is just under 100mph only in the 90's. Don't know if that's justifiable or not and to my knowledge the only thing you get is a track shirt, you can use a wide variety of gear, and some night races....

Falling off at 100mph still sucks.

That is pretty cheap. I'd jump on it just for the cornering practice that doesn't include spastic pedestrians and medicated grandmas jumping out in front of you. I WOULD get a safety inspection though. Every time.

Banned
    Is that true that all fasteners on the motorcycle you are going to use on a track must be secured with safety wire?

No. But it's a cool look and I know you want to!
    Typically the rules are pretty common sense for track days. Ironically most don't apply to Buells

Safety wire your masterlink on your chain. Use straight water in your cooling system. Have a chain guard. Tape up all lights, remove the license plate, throttle return spring works. Some say have a dead switch, but mostly for drag racing.

The list for what I consider a safe track day bike is much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Is that true that all fasteners on the motorcycle you are going to use on a track must be secured with safety wire?
    Only in certain groups (skill level) you have to be drilled and wired, all organizations are different though. Check with whatever organization you plan on going out w and check their rules. Almost ALL tracks and organizations mandate ice in the radiator and a clamp and wire on the oil filter.

Last edited by wickedchop; 06-09-2016 at 10:56 PM.