Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trouble getting back in to neutral 2009 xb9sx

Quote Originally Posted by JonDredd View Post
    Thanks all!

I did adjust the clutch, and so far the issue with neutral is much better! No issues with it at all over the last few days. Thanks!
    Awesome. Congrats on your successful DIY repair!!
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
    Lunatic

Amsoil has a dedicated Synthetic V-Twin Primary fluid?
    Have you tried that compared to the Amsoil 20w-50

I currently have Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w-50 in all holes. [That sounds so dirty ]
    no sir i have not but plan on giving it a try if it's price-competitive with the amsoil product i'm now using. i haven't studied up on it but suspect the only difference between the oil you mentioned and amsoil 20-50 cycle oil is the type and quantity of oil-shear additives in it. the type and quantity would potentially make this oil you mentioned a tad more gear-specific and maybe add some lifespan. just my suspicions.

Interesting, that would make sense. Unfortunately I just changed all my fluids, so no real need to do it.
    I'll give it a shot at my next Fluid change.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

John (lunatic) do you know where i can buy that Amsoil V Twin primary fluid please? No one and i mean no one stocks it over here and Amsoil dont even list any UK dealers on their international dealer list!!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    John (lunatic) do you know where i can buy that Amsoil V Twin primary fluid please? No one and i mean no one stocks it over here and Amsoil dont even list any UK dealers on their international dealer list!!
    tony: i would gladly ship you over several containers of it but i use USPS exclusively for shipping to the UK due to their best-pricing and speedy overseas service plus simplicity of printing out labels and companion customs forms. unfortunately they won't ship any sort of fluids overseas and no way of getting around it. all the US east coast freight destined for europe and the UK passes thru new york city interchange where it is scanned and x-rayed. as soon as they see fluids the shipment is voided and returned to sender....or trashed. if that weren't the case i'd gladly send you over a few quarts.

I've put the dedicated amsoil primary fluid I'm my m2 and my wife's Xb12ss. Works fine but we haven't noticed any change over the amsoil 20w50.

Thank you John for the kind offer and i know what you mean i had the same problem with paint in the past! i do realise in this day and age they have to be very careful of course! Amsoil UK dont list it but i will ring them to see if they can ship some over! Outlaw thats interesting what you say i do wonder if its just a bit of re branding? i mean a while back the original oil was (still is) perfect for primaries, but all that said i will still try some for sure if i can get it!!

I also wondered about the re-branding. However I like the brand and it seemed logical to use a fluid designed for a specific use. Their products are top notch. And always perform.

Outlaw i could not agree more i love Amsoil which is a bummer because Amsoil UK wont be importing it and i cant find a UK dealer anywhere which really pisses me off! lol

Tony, E-bay is your friend. I am sure you can find the amsoil on there and have it shipped to you. Don't know what the shipping charges would be though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast