The service manual calls for the rear strap fasteners to be torqued to 60-80 lb/in. However, for the front strap fastener it calls for 108-120 lb/in., back the nut off 2 turns then retorque to 108-120 lb/in. That would work if you had absolutely no lubrication on the clamp bolt (Loctite or oil) and if the bolt wasn't plated. I say this because the first time I had to install the front clamp the torque value just seemed ridiculously high to me. To check my thinking before ruining a new clamp, I ran a piece of the old front front strap fastener through a tensile strength tester. That test showed that the 3/4" wide by .04" thick piece of 18-8 stainless steel had a yield strength of 2700 lbs. If the clamp bolt is lubricated at all, torqueing the nut to 120 lb/in as per the manual applies 3015 lbs. of pull to the strap, exceeding its tensile yield by over 300 lbs. In fact, 108 lb/in puts it right at the max of 2700 lbs.

I have to wonder if the 2nd torque value is a misprint. It would seem to me that you would first torque to the 108-120 lb/in. to permanently deform the clamp around the muffler and mount, back off 2 turns then re-torque to 60-80 lb/in. for the final tightening.

I don't know.

The bottom line is that I torque the front clamp to the same values as the rear clamps. No issues so far.