Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Every day's an adventure - where to start looking for no start issue?

It was worth a check, but the speed sensor didn't make a difference. tine to go searching for chafed/broken wires in the steering head area. That's the next easiest place to look. If nothing shows up in there, it'll be multimeter time. I've got a track day on the 17th, really hoping to get this sorted before then. If not, I'll have to scratch and just play umbrella girl for my wife while she rides for the day. Maybe I should do some mini skirt shopping while I'm in town today, just in case. Always be prepared, right?

We went for a ride with some friends last night, I had follow along in my wife's Audi S4. Could have been worse.

What with you thinking about wearing a skirt and lunaticfringe in his action shorts i am starting to worry about you yanks!! ha ha ha

IT'S ALIVE!!!! Perfect timing, too. Just about time to load the trailer for tomorrow's track day.

So it was a short after all. Inside the fuel tank. Here's a pic of the fuel pump, removed from the frame. The brown wire has a hole on the back side that's just as bad as the grey one that you can see.

Cut out the bad spots, spliced them back together and heat shrinked it up. I have a running bike now!

Perfect timing.......have fun tmrw and be safe. Glad ya found the problem

Bike ran great all day! I even got featured in a short video from the track day org. Today's turnout was a little light, so they combined intermediate and advanced groups to give everyone more track time. I'm in intermediate, and the guys on my butt are advanced riders. I picked up a ton of speed today trying to hang with fast guys!

https://www.facebook.com/ridezars/vi...4230719740891/

Great work!
    Glad to hear you got your bike back on the road on our own!
    One thing I hope others reading this realize, and I wish I would have mentioned earlier, is that its a good idea to use a file to round all the sharp edges on the fuel pump assembly while you're in there fixing the frayed wires. That way all this work have to be redone in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123