Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Triple bearing rear wheel/axle issues

That part number supercedes the previous axle part number. It works on all XB wheels. I am talking about the new axle that he has, yes the old axle will not work on a 3 bearing wheel.
    Last edited by oh9bolt; 06-18-2016 at 02:49 AM.

The shoulder on the drive side can have 1 or 2 bearings ride on it it works for either.

Does the spacer ring go on the drive side? I assume it does because the brake rotor lines up.

No I can't see the ball bearings.

Sorry oh9 i wasn`t doubting you i just wanted any new boys to know you cant use the old axle on the new wheels, and wired you have the seals in then but i cant say what order the spacer goes in so you really need to contact the Harley place and ask they need to know IF they did make a mistake! IF!

Inactive
    jesse is correct as always but let me reiterate as i believe you either glossed over or didn't fully comprehend what i posted up for you:
    1-see attached image
    2-left (brake rotor side)wheel bearing inner race MUST TOUCH hub spacer tube.
    3-right(pulley side)inner most bearing inner race MUST TOUCH hub spacer tube.
    4-right (pulley side)outer most bearing inner race MUST TOUCH inner bearing inner race face.
    5-black things you mentioned? outer dust seals. must be used
    6-spacer you mentioned? unique to 2010 wheel and ALWAYS goes on brake rotor side.
    if the above not correctly followed the result is the problem you have and destroyed bearings.i would also add that the "black seal" wheel bearings are NOT unique to the 2010 three bearing rear wheel. they first appeared on all XB's early 2008 model year. ALSO IMPORTANT: have seen many "black seal" bearings lightly loaded with bearing grease from the factory and IMO insufficient amount. remove the seals and check. if not topped off do so with proper heavy bearing grease. just top off....don't get nuts with it. 5820_20100910124152_L.jpg
    Last edited by user_deleted; 06-18-2016 at 11:18 AM.

I put it all back together and everything is working fine. Thanks for the help.

Well done mate glad you got it sorted! so it was the spacer then?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12