Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A pure curiosity Lithium jump starter question!

A pure curiosity Lithium jump starter question!

You see these advertised everywhere lately and they supposedly can start pretty well anything so my question is.. do you think this could be used on discharged Lithium Ion batteries should the need ever arise? Having read all about the risks of linking Lithium batteries together i wondered if connecting this to a Lithium battery would carry the same risks? As i say its pure curiosity! download (1).jpg

Not sure about the lithium linking part, but I can vouch for these little jump packs. I have one from Anti Gravity, and have started high compression V8's with it, have started my bike with a completely dead battery with it....

AZ i heard they were good and was wondering if they vary in power output? i want to get one just incase we get stuck somewhere with Julia in the car and was thinking if it could be used on my bike too!

Inactive
    tony: what cole said above. don't know what is available over in old blighty but over here the anti-gravity consistently rates at or near the top of the heap and is competitively priced. 2 things on all of them: one is that their power output/ability to jump start drops dramatically at anything below 32 degrees fahrenheit to the point of useless.....and most all the product websites warn against using them to jump a Li-Ion battery. if that's your plan i would suggest contacting the manufacturer prior to purchasing to confirm this.

Tone I have a shorai lithium battery in all of my bikes and have jumped them multiple times with no problems. I actually ride with one everywhere I go. I also agree with lunatic and AZ, anti gravity are some of the best and is specifically what I went for when I tossed one in my truck. Only thing you need to remember is to keep them charged of course.

Brilliant thanks Cole and John much appreciated thats told me all i need to know so i will get one and use it on the car if needed but i will steer clear of the bike then! Thanks!! Just one more thing sorry what about jumping a lithium battery in the conventional way using jump leads and another battery or vehicle? i dont ever see me having a problem as i always take care of my 5 batteries!! Well i dont want to miss a chance to ride due to a battery and i have only me to rely for maintenance so thank God i have you lot as a knowledge bank for advice!

Sorry Bambam you slipped in there because i reply so slow and talk too much! Thanks for your input too! i am going to google/ebay anti gravity right now! Edit... so i can get that over here and converted to dollars its roughly $205 USD how does that compare to Stateside prices just out of interest?
    Last edited by ToneTheMoan; 06-22-2016 at 05:12 PM.

image.jpg
    Not sure exactly which one you were looking at but I found this after a quick search. Not sure if you could get it shipped over the pond or what it would cost but I hope this helps.

Bambam, that's what I have

I have that one as well. Funny thing is since I have added them to my vehicles I have have jumped about half a dozen vehicles with em. None of which were mine and every time I do people are amazed to see it. The look on people's face when I pull up on a bike to give them a jump is priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast