Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 1125r stalls at low revs

Diag mode shows fuel pressure. They shouls be able to tell from that. And doesnt sound like they have, more just guessing.

I still say iac and plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Cosworth View Post
    Diag mode shows fuel pressure. They shouls be able to tell from that. And doesnt sound like they have, more just guessing.

I still say iac and plugs
    I'll give them a call in the morning and ask them to check

Quote Originally Posted by Mope View Post
    a thorough IAC cleaning is where I'd start. Not to say that's it, but IAC and intake leak would be the first culprits.
    Thanks mope, starting to think I should just go pick it up. I don't have a ton of confidence in the dealership at this point, the service writer thought I just needed to clean the carb lol. There are a ton of Buells around here but I'm guessing they don't get many 1125s.

Procrastinating so I did some searching......hadn't seen this one before so I'll be storing this issue in the knowledge vault to look at as an idle/stall cause. I tend to prefer troubleshooting issues myself; the hourly rates for service are too expensive for them to be chasing theories - I can do that on my own.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1446767063

Edit: Changing plugs isn't a bad place to start like Cos said. You can follow the plug cleaning procedure as a first try, but you do NOT need to rotate the engine to change the front plug if you go that route. It's tight, but doable with everything cleared from the intake.
    Last edited by Mope; 06-30-2016 at 04:58 AM.

When mine started doing something similar it went from dying every so often to absolutely un-rideable.

I ended up having to pull the fuel injectors and clean them along with a brand new set of spark plugs.

This is a link to my thread you can look through to see what all I did chasing my problem maybe it'll give you some ideas.
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...mitent-shutoff

Thanks for the info guys!

Dealership took the bike apart today and the fuel pump is bad, they also noticed the belt was missing teeth and had a few cracks starting to show. Both seem early with only 7k on the bike.

About normal for the belt (on the 1125's) just depends how its been driven up to that 7k miles. Mine was missing teeth at 4500ish miles.

As for the fuel pump hopefully that actually is the issue. Let us know if it fixes your problem...

Will do, I should know by late next week when the parts arrive.

Getting the bike back tomorrow, I'll follow up here and confirm if it was the fuel pump or not. Hopefully it's good to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast