Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 1125r stalls at low revs

2008 1125r stalls at low revs

Hi all,

Just picked up a 2008 1125r w/ 7k miles yesterday and rode it for the first time today. Every time I de-accelerate the bike stalls, specifically when I stop at a light/sign. I noticed a "voltage" warning on the cluster one of the times. Bike starts back up immediately, so I'm not sure what's going on. I specifically purchased a 2008 to avoid the stator issue so I hope it's not that. Any ideas? Wondering if I just need a new battery since it looks like the original is still in there.

any cel's? press and hold mode and toggle then turn the key on to enter diagnostics. I had a similar issue awhile back ended up cleaning the iac. injectors and replacing both plugs before resolving the issue.

The iac has a cheesy little tube that is known to fall off
    Last edited by Cosworth; 06-27-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Thanks I'll check that out tomorrow. I did manage to get into the diagnostics mode but it was over 100 here today (Texas) and I was drenched in sweat so I didn't spend much time in there. Don't remember anything jumping out at me.

I ended up buying a new battery but it was bad (tested at 8v) so that's going back tomorrow. The battery that was in the bike tested at 12.8v, which should be fine right?

12.8 is good, but the duration of the charge under load test. Most automotive stores (national chains) have carbon pile testers and test batteries for free. Most load testers have the instructions on the cover plate. If it drops below 10.0V the ECM can have issues. Cleaning the throttleplates and the IAC is good to do on a annual basis. Gives you a chance to check The iac has a cheesy little tube that is known to fall off.

Grounds and regulator are two good things to check.

Where in texas are you located?
    Im in magnolia north of Houston.

I put the bike in DM and rode it, voltage stayed at 13v+ until it died suddenly. I don't have the tools, time or knowledge to keep messing with it so I dropped,it off at Harley, hopefully they can figure something out.

I'm in Austin

Got a call from the dealership today and they think it may be a bad fuel pump, curious how that could be the case when it runs fine other than when Slowing down or stopped. They are going to check the fuel pump tomorrow and et back to me.

a thorough IAC cleaning is where I'd start. Not to say that's it, but IAC and intake leak would be the first culprits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast