Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ecmdroid question

Ecmdroid question

Hi, my name is Nate. I was a member here years ago but just rejoined. Still riding my 2006 xb9r that I bought new. Forgive me if it has been asked but I have spent a lot of time searching and have read through many posts. Tons of invaluable info on here.

Anyway, I'm using ecmdroid and megalog viewer ms lite. Everything seems to work just fine, what I'm looking for is this..

Is there a way to get my new .msq from megalog back into an .xpr so I can load it in ecmdroid and burn it to my ecm?

Thanks,
    Nate

Megalog has a nasty habit of producing fuel maps that are actually mirror images of what you need for your .xpr file.
    I honestly rewrite them line by line

TunerPro I believe can open .msq, then simply save as, and change it to "all files" and just type in the .xpr file extension. But like cooter said, be very careful that it made the proper changes.
    PM me for Bluetooth info!
    Facebook.com/BuellBluetooth

OK, thanks. I guess I'll check out tunerpro also. I was really liking the idea of the megalog analyzer changing/suggesting maps for me as I am new to this. I'm not familiar enough to confidently write my own maps yet but if megalog is gonna give me something screwy, then I don't want that.
    Many people have had success with it. How can I tell if it's giving me the correct data? Could you elaborate on what is meant by it gives you a mirror image of what you need for your .xpr file?

Just compare your original to your modified map, makes sure it makes sense, and is correct for what megalog viewer said it changed.

You can use megalog viewer, it's just that tunerpro is the easiest way to convert back to .xpr and compare maps

Cool, thanks guys

Megalog produces an .msq file. How do I get those maps into tunerpro?

If you have an '06, you don't need TunerPro and the headache of the MLV conversion. Just load the .msq into ECMSpy (not Mono) in an otherwise stock eeprom and then save the eeprom to a .txt file; it will also output an .epr file. You can put that .epr onto your Android device in the "eeprom" folder (next to the "logs" folder) and then flash it from ECMDroid.

Cool thanks. I don't have ECMspy so I'll need to get that. It's it still available? I checked the website and saw that mono was mentioned so I'm unsure if that is what I need

Okay, so there's no way to get the old version of ECMSPY? Unless one of you guys is willing to share it, which is frowned upon/illegal?

Is it that the new version won't work?

If no one is willing/able to share, and the new version will work, I guess I'll just have to pay for it. No reason to pay for something that won't work though, so I'd like to know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast