Thread: 09 XB12SCG Rough Idle/Stalling/backfiring when up to temp

09 XB12SCG Rough Idle/Stalling/backfiring when up to temp

I have a 2009 XB12SCG with EBR Race ECM with Jardine Exhaust

bike runs fine when it is initially started but will run like crap once it is up to temp. it almost sounds like a cyclinder drops out. bike runs fine when on the highway and only starts giving issues when in traffic (stop and go).

I have tried replacing the spark plugs but it did not help. I have also tried reinstalling the stock ECM but the bike will perform the same way. I have also tried doing a TPS reset which doesn't help aswell.

here is a couple vids of how it sounds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVJ3Cy-OjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWjaacQfT6Q

please help
    thanks

Check the intake seals

I would say intake seals or 02 on it's way out. Your bike sounds like it is lean so could be either. Start with intake seals first easier to check.

checked the intake seals. they seem good. could it be the engine temp sensor? i'd hate to start just throwing parts at it.

Think I may have fixed the issue. I pulled and cleaned the IAC sensor ( there was a little bit of oil built up on tip not sure if that is normal?). also when I originally installed the jardine exhaust I unplugged the exhaust valve actuator and just left the connector under the cover so I decided to remount and plug it back in. are you suppose to remove it completely or leave it alone??. also did another TPS reset and IAT reset and drove the bike for 30-40 min. when i got home and let the bike idle for another few minutes with no issues

I'm assuming cleaning your IAC fixed the issues... The unplugged actuator should be a non-issue.

How did you clean your IAC?