Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tail lift spacer measurement

Tail lift spacer measurement

Its the Diesel moto billet spacers i was thinking of and i know how much they lift the tail by but i need to know the thickness of the spacer, just the leading (front) and trailing (rear) edges as i want to do a mock up to see if i like it before i buy! Actually the measurements of ANY spacers you have would give me an idea? Thanks chaps for any help or i can give Diesel Moto a call on monday if no luck!

I'm thinking it's a 1.5 or 22.5 at the end of the tail.

Id love to get my hands on a set to get some good measurements.

Edit: 2.5 lol

Thanks goose! yeah the DM ones raise it by 2.75 inches they say but its hard to guess the other measurements, i blocked it up on 3/4" wooden blocks at the thick end of the gap and it looks spot on to me and i personally wouldn`t want them much thicker than that so i will ring Diesel tomorrow and let you know if i find anything out! Do you think this looks ok on my bike with the 3/4" spacers? IMG_20160703_112228.jpg IMG_20160703_143550.jpg

I like the slight lift. I'm thinking of doing the same to my bolt.

FYI I have a custom tail on my bolt. Looks similar to the s tail but not really. It's a DIY.
    Just thought I'd throw that in there before some smarty pants interjects on the cons of a tail lift on a firebolt.

Oh, and Tony, WHAT THE HELL IS IN YOUR BIRDBATH!

Its weird i swore i would never do a tail lift but out of curiosity i did this mock up and man does it help with the riding angle for my bad arm, its so comfy!! I think it must be nuclear waste in the birdbath! ha ha ha no its just standard green slime! i was going to wash it out today but i didnt want to splash the bike! all the birds in our garden are green now! ha ha ha How come in one picture it looks yellow i dont know but i did NOT piss in it!! LOL
    Last edited by ToneTheMoan; 07-03-2016 at 10:49 PM.

That bird bath is how the mutant take over of the world begins.
    I just want you to know, it's your fault

LOLOLOLOLOL

That tail raise looks nice, but the comfort level is the most important part. If that helps you ride then who cares what it looks like, in this case, it looks great and helps. Talk about a win win
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Almost couldn't see Julia in that pic because of your CHROME front rotor!!!!!! You brought that on yourself Tony......hahaha

Lusipher thanks mate! maybe it was drinking from the birdbath that made my hair fall out! ha ha ha Wicked i still hate you! lol only joking mate! you bitch! ha ha ha ha ha Also Diesel Moto dont have a phone number so i emailed them the question and when they respond i will post the sizes on here to maybe help someone in the future!
    Last edited by ToneTheMoan; 07-04-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Pretty sure I see a ghost on the air box cover. Looks like a man's face in that first picture. 😱

Thanks Outlaw one more thing to add to the list! 1. i have a mutant toxic birdbath 2. my front rotor is so bright silver it temporarily blinds people 3. and now my bike is possessed by some freaking ghost! ha ha ha if you see any other problems please let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast