Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Over heating problem

The '09, I could understand. It could just be the front cylinder running hella lean, and not having an O2 sensor. The '10 has no excuse to get into a lean condition so bad the headers glow.

I would take a glowing hot bike to the dealer. Other than that, I would just follow the break in procedure in your manual.

Thanks, Yes I had been running the bike really easy never did pass it above 4,000 RPM in the first 100 miles like the manual saids and after that no more than 5,000 RPM with a progressive light trottle application. No check engine light displayed or spark cutting the bike runs nml other wise. But like I mentioned before no red exhaust header is Normal.

One thing is odd from what I can tell, No to many people have complained about this.

Forgot to mention one more thing. I am new to Buell/HD engines but the fan since to run when the engine is hot while riding but once I stop on a red light the fan shots off. I should not be the other way around?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Red exhaust is not normal but it does happen. Go to a dragstrip and you will see plenty of red/orange pipes. A lean condition may increase heat but it would also run like crap. Drag engines do not run like crap. They turn red because they are tight and are high output, not because they are lean. I assume your bike runs good. The break-in guidlines are written on the safe side. If you drive it off the showroom and beat it all the way home, you may have problems. More important is the number of heat cycles it's been through. If you have ridden it 25 times or more, it's plenty ready for a run or two. Always make sure it's up to temp first..

Update: Call the dealer today, they said that they installed another program in the ECU and it runs good now. Well tomorrow morning I am going to pick up the bike and give it a run will post results later at night.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Mine does the same thing and i have over 6000 miles on it.Hope it an easy fix. Cause im not going back to my Dealership

OK, Got the bike back from the Dealer, reflashed the ECM with a new revision #12 my bike had revision #1 hard to belive. Any ways the exhaust still getting cherry red but not as intense as before. Talked to a independent Tuner with a great reputation and he tells my that indeed the exhaust does get red and is nml. He saids to get a slip-on and will much cooler. No matter what I still have my douts.

I've had mine since 05. The oly problem i had was a bad spark plug at 200 mile and i am 200 miles from 20k on it. :) I would like to let every one know I took it to Canada and they had 94 octane and I filled the tank u:)p and I got 65 miles per gallon. I now install Harley octane boost with 92 octane and I still get 60 miles per gallon. If I just use 92 octane i only get 40-45 miles per gallon.

youre pipes get hot in the begnining because of the timing when its cold it is normal. i wouldnt go with a slip on if you got the money get a full system its the headers the need to be changed. i went with use force with a baffle. hella sick!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123