Thread: Guide wire trouble

Guide wire trouble

I am doing the stator and rotor replacement on my 2009 1125r. I have the new rotor installed, the new stator installed, and now I'm trying to pull the new stator leads through the engine wire harness with the guide wire (step 8 and 9)
    image.jpg
    As I am doing this the guide wire pulls out from the stator wire I had it attached to and now I'm stuck trying to fish it through with no guide wire. Any suggestions on fishing it through? I have tried running a few different types of wires down it and had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Fishing wire through a tight harness can be a bit of a black art.
    Try wiggling the harness as you feed the wires and a little lube like WD-40 will help a lot.

have you got any stiffer normal wire like an old bicycle spoke you could attach it to and bend to shape to help guide it? i dont know a thing about the 1125 so my idea may be as much use as a chocolate teapot! i do wish you luck though! if the wire has a bare end twist it real tight to stop single strands hooking up too!

This may be a bad idea but I figured that's why I have you guys to get feedback from. Does the wire have to be run in the harness? There is a gap between the frame and the engine that I can easily slide it though and into the seat compartment where I need to be. If I did so do you think I could have melting issues? Even if I wrapped it in another layer of heat protection? If this is a bad idea just let me know now

I decided to wrap the wire in some thermo shield wrap and run it straight up to where it needs to be. After everything was put back together it's running great. Charges what it need to and also shifts like butter after installing the improved clutch sleeve from EBR. Just thought I should give this thread a happy ending. ATGATT

Daddy likes happy endings