• Metzeler

1 2.44%
  • Heidenau

0 0%
  • Shinko

3 7.32%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tire Poll

I would say that I am fairly conservative with my riding but don't want to have to worry about grip if I decide to get a bit more aggressive. So the Rossos are definitely off the list.

Buelly- what kind of mileage are you getting out of the Angel ST?

What about the PP3's?

Buelly- what kind of mileage are you getting out of the Angel ST?
    5800 ish out of the rear (I am very throttle happy) might get over 6k if you're a bit more gentle and seldom carry much weight?

I totally understand all of us ride differently when it comes to aggressiveness. I don't really ride hard on the street anymore, it's not the place it for unless it's 100 percent safe. That's why I take it to the track on a regular basis. But with that being said I think all of us at some point will hang it out there when the opportunity is perfect on the street. So........to me mileage means nothing, I would much rather have race compound tires like the Q3's, pilot powers, or the Bridgestone battlax line on the street than chince on budget touring tires. If I need it I would rather have it than not. Just something to think about gentlemen when buying tires. I would rather replace race compound tires more often than rebuilding bikes and coughing up emergency room bills because I didn't have what I needed when i needed it!!!!!
    Last edited by wickedchop; 10-12-2016 at 11:25 PM.

I ran two pair of the factory Pirelli Scorpion Sync's then a pair of the Scorpion Trails, I liked the way both versions rode but decided to go with Dunlop Q3's this time around because I never really hit dirt roads. The Q3's are amazing in all conditions, right after getting them I went on a 2,000 mile trip though rain, sub-freezing temps, and everything in between including some fire roads. Those other tires rode good and never really made me feel like I needed more tire but these Q3's held up to everything on the trip and stuck like glue so I'd probably go with something similar to them again as long as they wear ok.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    I totally understand all of us ride differently when it comes to aggressiveness. I don't really ride hard on the street anymore, it's not the place it for unless it's 100 percent safe. That's why I take it to the track on a regular basis. But with that being said I think all of us at some point will hang it out there when the opportunity is perfect on the street. So........to me mileage means nothing, I would much rather have race compound tires like the Q3's, pilot powers, or the Bridgestone battlax line on the street than chince on budget touring tires. If I need it I would rather have it than not. Just something to think about gentlemen when buying tires. I would rather replace race compound tires more often than rebuilding bikes and coughing up emergency room bills because I didn't have what I needed when i needed it!!!!!
    How often are you guys having to replace q3's, pp's, or battle axes? I've ridden on q3's but they were on a vrod sooooooooo kind of a waste lol.

On the track i get three and a half days. I dont know about the street. Maybe Bambam will chime in or some of the others that have em on their street machines.

I've got 7k on my PP3's. They started to square off and feather on the edges around 5k. I'll replace them next season with Q3's to see how I like them.

I'm at nearly 4K on my Q3s, and the tread is in good condition. I ride fairly aggressively and don't baby my tires. That said, I don't wheelie, stoppie, or burnout...ever.

It's just a guess, but I think I've easily got 2-3K more before I need to change the rear....

Banned
    I have 15000 miles on my Pirelli Diablo Custom and it still has a bunch of rubber above the marks.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    I have 15000 miles on my Pirelli Diablo Custom and it still has a bunch of rubber above the marks.
    wtf.gif Do you ever hit the power? Obviously not.Could that be why your valves look like they do ?

Last edited by Silverrider; 10-05-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast