Thread: Tailight keeps dying

Tailight keeps dying

This summer my tail light keeps dying. I relaced the bulb (burnt out), and a week later it died again.
    Is there a mod I can do to have a more durable tail light? Or is it a symptom of something else wrong?

How long have you owned the bike?
    Check the fuses. Make sure there isn't a 30amp in place of a 15amp masking some other issue.
    Check the wiring running from the taillight to the taillight harness plug. The plug/connector is located at the lower left of the subframe plastic. Some disassembly maybe required to chase the wires and locate the plug. When you inspect the wiring at this area insure you have no frayed wires which could cause a short.
    Go to www.buellmods.com for a service manual. Should help you locate the items I'm referring to.
    Also make sure the male leads coming off the taillight are not bent or have even the slightest possibility of touching one another.
    Good luck

Inactive
    any headlight bulbs burning out at alarming rate as well? and battery fuse pops for no apparent reason. faulty voltage regulator.

Thanks. I've owned the bike about 10 months now.
    no headlight bulb problem. I will check the fuses, then get to work on the wiring.

Make sure it's a quality bulb and the housing is tight. If the contacts are loose and it shakes around it could be an issue.
    You can pull the contacts straight out of the housing with needle nose pliers, bend them slightly for a tighter contact and replace the bulb.
    But, yes do all of the above as well