Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to me 2003 xb9r

there is two more pics

some more pics of the bike and one with good ol me

Very nice bike. Looks like she's in great shape.

thanks buddy yeah the bike is solid and works perfect... no lean pops no rich smell. rides smooth cant complain

Took my 03 xb9r up to the the twisties in yarnell az. Figured no point to start a new thread and everyone likes a picture or two of a xb... So here are a couple, some with my goofyness riding her and some not..20170429_131733.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha hell, some picture may be upside down upon uploading and not checking

Just turned 14,500 miles not one problem at all I have heard a lot of bad about the 03 xbs but this has been a trooper. Now it will blow after bragging....

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    Just turned 14,500 miles not one problem at all I have heard a lot of bad about the 03 xbs but this has been a trooper. Now it will blow after bragging....
    and i'd venture to say that the "bad things you heard" were all internet based fodder for the uninformed.
    understand that for a miniscule production quantity american motorcycle manufacturer the XB series was a quantum leap forward for buell. there were teething problems, a few recalls, a few TSB's issued but for the most part they were great bikes right out of the box with very few issues. every single cycle manufacturer always has and always will have "first production year" issues with most all products.....no marque excluded. having owned 3 first year XB's i've never incurred a single problem with any of them. having said that keep an eye on the following which WERE issues for 2003 models:
    1-kickstand to bracket attachment bolt. known to sheer. TSB kit was issued. no longer available. i have a few in stock if needed.
    2-clutch cable to motor mount attachment bracket. looks like a silver colored thin coiled wire. known to snap. robust updated TSB piece issued. a few still in dealer system. updated bracket is brilliant....a must-have. i have several in stock if needed.
    3-sidestand safety switch. if you incur a "no-start" in any condition though all other systems seem fine....typically it's this switch. can sometimes be cleaned and sprayed with kano-kroil to be brought back to life.
    4-rear belt. narrower in width than later belts and won't take the abuse of the later model year wide belts
    5-wheel bearings. keep an eye on them. not as robust as later years. aftermarket replacements readily available

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast