Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is a Buell XB motorcycle dead?

When is a Buell XB motorcycle dead?

Mechanically speaking, Engine, Tranny...etc. Stuff that needs a big time rebuild. When is an XB dead? When compression goes to crap, or bearings are spun, when is it time to lean it up against the back side of the barn and let the elements take it over.
    Just curious about your thoughts.

I'll take never for 300 alex.

When you give up
    Our your pockets run out of change

When you stop taking care of it.

Inactive
    when is it time to lean it up against the back side of the barn and let the elements take it over.

that time should NEVER come and the visual you presented is an affront to all Buell afficionados. these bikes are fairly rare pieces of Americana, have many unique attractive features and components making them like no other motorcycle in the world......for better or for worse....and should be well maintained and looked after and never relegated to the trash heap. interest in them continues to grow daily and the amount of pristine low mileage originals is diminishing at a very rapid pace.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 07-22-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Easy Luna, I know this gentleman, he wouldn't affront any one, has two beautiful buells that he cares for better than some people care for their kids. I think the question is when is it time for a total rebuild, tear everything off, tear it down get all the new parts rebuild it, and start. riding her all over again.

I don't think I'll see that day for my uly, I'm too old, would love to rebuild one though. Hey Ward, even though yours doesn't need it, we could start there, what cha think ?

What makes us ' Buell afficionados' is that we recognize that these bikes are not 'Bic Lighters'. That is disposable or cookie cutter production for the masses. They have character, and personality.They were, and are still are advanced designs. We owners are a different breed.

You guys all nailed it on the head....these machines are definitely not per the norm. My favorite part is when a bunch of "badass" harley guys are around looking at you like an outcast. When I say badass I mean dickheads that watched sons of anarchy and ran down with their checkbooks to the local harley dealer and became "instant tough guys" anyways......I effing love it when they are looking at you with the I hate rice burners scowl.......then you hit that button and light that ****er up and they just break their necks!!!! GLORIOUS
    Last edited by wickedchop; 07-23-2016 at 02:43 AM.

I love Harley Davidson motorcycles and I love Buells . I have and ride both. Go USA 󾓦👍. I also like rice grinders so I don't judge. 2 wheels rule !

I agree with what everyone said. I support American made products. Just think about how much American muscle cars are selling for these days. Eventually, those same people breaking the bank for those cars will be doing the same for Buells. Plus, I like to school people about the history of the Buell. Don't throw it away period. They don't make them anymore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast