Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is a Buell XB motorcycle dead?

Hell ya , Buells are super dope bikes! I love my xb12s and I already decided that my next bike will be an EBR 1190 ummmm SX... no, RX, I mean SX, ya definitely the SX...

Why not the RX! ha ha ha

I love the spirit of our crowd! Yep, leaning up against the barn and letting the elements take over is for some of the old Japanese imports of the 70s, but wait! Even those are being turned in to cafe racers now. Njloco was right, what's the first to wear out?
    BTW, I just rode 500+ miles up into northern Ontario this week on my 06 Uly. What a great ride! I'm up in a place called Temagami. Doing some walleye fishing and doing some riding around the lake. Canadiens are friendly, even with the American jokes, and the weather great. Uly ran like its brand new. I'm so impressed with how this bike just keeps chugging along. 51.2 mpg loaded with a ton of fishing gear. Perfect solo long range assault, terrorizing overland explorer of a ride. I've put almost 10,000 on my odo over the past few months and now that I'm nearing 20,000 my heart gets sad seeing the miles pile up and got me wondering how long this ride will last. I'm thinking compression will start to give a little way down the road and will need a rebuild. Hope rebuild kits and programming for the ECM exists when that time comes.

^^^mate if its running that good at 20,000 miles you should be good for another 20,000 plus! just do regular oil changes and servicing and sort out any little problems while they are still little! Above all relax and enjoy the ride, if its going to break then it will anyway or it may never break so dont cross your bridges until you come to them as they say!
    Last edited by ToneTheMoan; 07-25-2016 at 10:45 PM.

I've had 40k+ miles on a few XB's with zero issues at all. Losing compression is not a worry at that mileage. Just follow the service intervals and keep riding!
    Why worry? No one worries About 40k on an '06 car???

The one who does with the most miles on a Buell wins!!

When is an xb dead? Short answer we will have to wait for the first one to die LOL.....

Funny^^^^^^^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12