Thread: 2004 xb12s - pa

2004 xb12s - pa

It's with a heavy heart that I am listing my beloved XB12s for sale. The Minister of Finance has a strict 1 in 1 out policy , and I recently picked up a Buell S1 that I couldn't pass up.
    The listing is below:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/5707091152.html

2004 Buell XB12S- Lightning ($4200)
    Bike features rare factory race kit: K&N Air filter, Race ECM, and Race Exhaust.
    100% Stock, down to the factory license plate holder.

I am the 2nd Owner of this American Streetfighter.
    The motorcycle was stored year round in a conditioned garage, on a battery tender , and had it's oil changed every season (regardless of miles) - this bike was never even ridden in the rain.
    It's a phenomenal machine to ride , with torque unlike any other motorcycle, and the sound that all your buddies will envy.

Notable features:
    The exhaust was featured in the American Sportbike exhaust shootout and was proven to produce more HP/TQ then any aftermarket offerings. These typically sell for $750 used.
    Tires: Michen Pilot Powers (3k miles)
    Battery: Replaced in 2014.
    Frame pucks installed in 2011.

Reason for Selling:
    Purchased another Buell as a project bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

66 views and no replies? Am I off base with this one?

No, I don't think so (except your $750 race can claim.....that's kinda laughable). It's just a tough time of the year to be selling bikes; riders have mostly already done their trades and purchases for the riding season.
    I'd probably list right around your price as well - the lightnings hold value better than the bolts.

Don't forget, it's a 12 year old bike from a mfr. out of business and was always a red headed step child born of HD and streetbike parents.

I'm in the same boat as you Cbushek. I knew going in this is a rough time of year for a sale but hey it's free to post on BuellXb and Craigslist. So hang in there and good luck with the sale. Nice ride by the way.

Your price isn't bad...the market is bad. Sit on it and wait for the right buyer...otherwise ur gonna have to drop the price to unload it quickly

Part out race can and ecm for ~$500-750. Buy used stock stuff, drop price to $3500 and it MIGHT sell... More likely closer to $3k