Thread: tunning carb to new supertrapp muffler

tunning carb to new supertrapp muffler

ok so got my bike up and running but cant seem to get the carb tuned to the muffler everytime i pull down on the throttle the carb spits out gas. The carb is running the stock jets, and the muffler i put on is a suppertrapp 1 1.5 with 22 disc. I know i need to rejet the carb but i dont know which jet i need to change.

I would say the main jet, it's the larger of the 2 inside the carb.

So i need to make that jet how much smaller?

Hey Speed - head over to buellridersonline.com and ask your question there. *Many more Blast"ers" on that board - several of whom run the supertrapp setup.

My gut is that something else is the issue. Most of the folks run (depending on intake) 45/170 or 175 jetting and shim the stock needle with 2 #4 washers. If you've upgraded your intake to something like Thumpe's (Dan Whalen's) intake system, then run a 46 pilot jet and the 175 main.

Those of us who have spent too much time worrying about carb tuning typically don't run the stock needle setup, though. A very tried and tested solution is the Yost jetting system with their very good emulsion tube and their blue needle with the spacer on (for me) the middle notch.

Others (with the supertrapp) run a "Dial a Jet" setup, which actually entails using much smaller main jets in conjunction with the dial-a-jet system. I really think you need to ask your question over there.

Never run stock jets on a modified exhaust or intake. Go with a 45/175. If you're above ~3k elevation, go with 45/170.