Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arizona north phoenix

Yes, that is what I meant, I figured you didn't get that many responses because it was so far into the future. I was thinking about bringing it up again in January 2019, but then this post came up. I would be able to bring 3 or 4 guys with me in my toy hauler, we could either meet up or, leave together from the East coast.

Oh, you left out the coffee and the cigars !

Where at in NM?

Bolt--The foci for this adventure would be Faywood Hot Springs, Faywood, NM.

I volunteered to provide and cook the NY steaks, arrange for the pies( for you Cooter--I owe!) as well as make the arrangements at Faywood.

BYOB I suppose. Faywood does not like Bangthings so discretion is important in that regard.

There is swell camping, nice cabins and a communal cook room I think. An Optimum number would be 20 max so lets see what develops.

I was there in April a few years back. Nice temps and the road-weather from the NW was not bad. After that it gets pretty hot.

Great riding all around the area. I figure two nights at the Springs and see ya later. Mid-week is best.

Anytakers?

PM me or here --

Opto

Sorry but, what is a bangthing ?

I will keep an eye on this, that is only ~80miles from me.

Loco ---firearms

Oh, a piece, a rod, a gat, a shooter, a pill pusher, a blicky, a jaunt, a jaun, I would need a rifle scabbard to bring one of my babies.

Correct, Loco-- I was trying to be discrete but that is out the window. NM is the polar opposite of NJ on the subject but the Hot Spring Management is anti--so discretion.

Now on to the subject of if and when.

Opto

A few days later,

See what I mean, Loco--not much response to all this. Well, hell, I think I will go down there anyway, even as a solo. Love the countryside, particularly after a blah NW winter. The soaking at Faywood is outstanding and there is lots to see around the region, like the Gila Wilderness Ruins, the city of Rocks, the awesome ride from Silver City over the hill to Hillsboro...

It will cost me a set of tires to make the run but oh well--plus 100 gallons of High Test. I have to be in Houston around May 5 so mid-April for me.

I had a wild idea some of the senior guys would take the adventure -- Lunatic, Cooter ( I won't jam out this time ). Dean Adams said he was too busy loading Ammo.

Problem is once you East Coasters get out in the wild west you probably will be reluctant to head back East.

Opto

We can't keep using this post for it, make a new post up for it and see if we can get some interest. I do think that April is too early in the season, especially for us East coasters, I've been out west more than once, it is beautiful but I would miss the spring and fall, especially the fall ! I would really miss the ocean that is the Atlantic ocean to be more specific but, you never know, the wife wants to see Montana.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123