Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XB12SS 2007 or 2008?

The Bay Area tends to have the highest BUELLs for sale population in nor cal. They also tend to be more expensive than the rest of the country. I got mine in Santa Rosa. Looked great, super clean but was a time bomb. Look up all the simple mechanical checks and if the bike fails, walk away.

Don't be afraid to miss the rest of the riding season waiting for the right bike, you've waited for 7 years after the company closed to get one, a few more months can't hurt.

The prices all go down when the temps do... Good luck...
    Last edited by Dellinger; 08-05-2016 at 07:54 PM.

I thought pennsylvania had the most? Maybe its just Lunatic... Haha

I purchased a 2009 xb9sx with 4755 original miles, clean title, bone stock, for $5000 about 2 months ago and I couldn't be happier with my decision for a first street bike. I'm 5'7 so I am not able to flat foot it but flat footing is over-rated anyway. I haven't ridden an xb12 but I rode with a guy on one and I had no trouble keeping up. The torque and agility of the design is unparalleled from what I have experienced and you simply cannot go wrong with a lightly used xb. Let us know what you end up with and good luck in your search.

Thanks all for the advice. Much appreciated.
    I'm keeping an eye on the listings an hoping something good will come up soon.
    I'll let you know what I get.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I thought pennsylvania had the most? Maybe its just Lunatic... Haha
    we have alot of buells around here shaughn but then again PA is a cycling mecca and manufacturing base for both H-D and several component manufacturers. i'm trying to get intervention for my buell affliction....i really am.
    this member searching for an XB....at over 6ft. tall....should probably concentrate on finding either an Stt....an Ss long...or XT. sounds like he might be quite cramped on a standard S or SX without some ergonomic mods.

I didn't even think about suggesting an Stt! And I own one. And I like it. A LOT! Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to keep them all available for me because I'm a selfish weenie?

OP. Remember I like the Scg's too, I thought the lower bike would turn better etc, but the extra height of an Stt makes it very comfortable to ride. I can still drag a knee comfortably, and if you really have to lower it, you can. They can be made into Ss clones very easily, or pick any kind of hybrid you like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12