Thread: Aux lighting on CR

Aux lighting on CR

I honestly think the headlights on my CR suck incredibly bad (although I do have some of the supposedly best H7 bulbs coming in) and so I've been doing a lot of searching for a good aux lighting setup without spending mega bucks on awesome Clearwater lights, Denali's, or less expensive but sometimes not-so-reliable ADVMonster lights.

I had been eyeing these lights on banggood for a long time: http://www.banggood.com/XML2-5-LED-M...-p-927119.html, but ended up getting these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191917354981...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. While they are advertised as 50W, they ended up drawing ~3.1A at ~12.5V (~38W) each which is very respectable.

They are approx. 3" in diameter which is a bit larger than I wanted as the location was really limited to 2.5". Some adjusting of how I originally wanted to do the mount and bringing the clubman bars up a bit and voila they fit! They are adjustable up/down through the mount and left/right through the use of washer shims. I haven't done any night time photos, but they are really impressive. Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some more pictures. I'll try and get some night time shots later.

Wow, nice job. Where are they mounting to? Let me know how hot they get?

Blends in being tucked in like that. +1 from me.

They are mounted to the radiator pods using the factory bolt locations, so no modification to the bodywork made

The phone camera auto adjusts the lighting - there is a huge difference between low beam and the led lights. You can tell by the difference in the street lights. The short from the front about 75 feet away shows just how much light they throw...and as is with most LED lighting, there is not cutoff so it is terribly blinding to oncoming drivers, so no-traffic riding lights only.