Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie with a 2010 XT - and an EML problem...

And the IAT sensor it is; code 15. Thanks very much, one and all. I'll give it a good squirt with aerosol contact cleaner later; that should sort it. Woo Hoo.....

It's nice; it's very nice. I'm only getting just over 50 miles to the (UK) gallon, though, and that's not thrashing it, but I'm 6 ft 1 in and mass about 270 pounds in full riding gear, with the aerodynamics to match, so maybe that's not surprising! Don't care, anyway; running costs are not a factor.

Cooter, re the belt position, mine's the opposite; it's snug against the inner flange after pushing it backwards.

Still no advice on whether a headstock (I think you call them triple tree) stand or a front paddock stand is better for maintenance? SOMEBODY must have an opinion, surely? (Or if not Shirley, somebody else...)

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Didn't he post the same thing in another thread? SPAM!
    I'm still waiting for him to tell us which car he means; perhaps he's confusing Buell with Buick? Or maybe he's just a spamming f***wit...

Take a close look at your idler pulley. Is it wearing the coating off unevenly? Perhaps you need idler bearings SKF6203-2RS or even read wheel bearings or swing arm pivots? Hard to say, there really isn't much to go out of alignment in the system.

Front stand is a matter of preference, but I prefer the triple tree stand for front wheel and fork removal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12