Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im new to buell

I'm not sure if it is common, since I only changed mine once, but the "bullet style" connectors on the blinkers I used were smaller than the OEM on the bike. Not a huge deal though. Just a quick trip to the auto parts store to get the correct size then remove the old and crimp on the new.

If you use a small screwdriver, ones for eyeglasses you can open up your small bullet end and then they will work.Or you can use something with a point to push down the middle of it to spread it open. Just be careful you don't stab yourself.

Or you can take the wires off if the stocks and solder them to your new signals

completely off topic, but which rotor is that (on oh9bolt's bike)? I'm familiar with the stock and wave versions, but that looks different...

^^^ looks like an EBR "race" rotor, thinner than stock with improved braking power and less likely to warp!

Hey new2riding, I just purchased and installed a pair of front mirror/turn signals for about $30.
    They work well for the LED flashing turn signal and the mirrors are a little longer so rear view vision is better too. I used quick splices to combine them with LED side mounted turn signals but I am upgrading the connectors to PosiLock connectors.

DTulis 03 Firebolt
    Last edited by DTulis; 08-15-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Yes that is the EBR race rotor

Cool, thanks...

I highly recommend the EBR bolt kit for a rotor upgrade as well.

I went to the local bike gear shop and couldn't find a set of flush mount signals -- the hole is too small. But, I found a set that are very small, with 6 leds (they are poorly made because as soon as I torqued the lock nut, the lens popped off lol -- I used some loctite super glue, so far so good.) $26 after tax. I did have to spend $5 on larger bullet connectors. But about a 15 minute install. I actually think they are better looking than the flush mount imo.20160829_204806.jpg

Last edited by Simplymichaeljr; 08-30-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12