Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom airbox cover

These look great, with opening the outer or inner airbox to this much air, does this require a TPS reset or any other adjustments? I have a full race kit, exhaust, ECM, filter.

Thanks!

its more air than what the race ecm is designed for, so a tune wouldnt hurt.

How flimsy is the unconnected line of the wing? Seems like it would be pretty weak.

Looks sweet. Cut outs are getting better and better.

The Wings are pretty floppy, but once I glue the metal backing behind them they should be just peachy... Im going to make sure I glue those down with a good epoxy. That should hold them in place nicely.

It's actually quite surprising how sturdy that plastic they use is, granted it's thick as hell, that helps.

Great job... that is going to look fantastic once painted and installed!

yeah that should help. I went to the Home Depot to look for around for some screen mesh. Actually thinking of doing the mod myself.

with opening the outer or inner airbox to this much air, does this require a TPS reset or any other adjustments? I have a full race kit, exhaust, ECM, filter.
    But I have the same issue, and not if I want to try screwing around with this yet

TPS reset - It's almost a given you'll need to do one.

Custom map - If it runs rough. But, I'm like Dave, it can only help your bike.

yeah, I'm looking to sell my bike in another 800 miles, not really trying to put more money into, if need be with a new custom map if you know what I mean. So I think I'll just play it safe and keep it as is.

Looks good Buellysses I like it. Be forewarned you will be able to hear the intake valves open and close and its pretty loud unless you use ear plugs. Also if you where concerned about water getting in I drilled two #5 holes in the base at its lowest point in the back corners in case of rain. I have also rode in a few heavy rain storms without a problem. Not as much as a sputter. I used black rtv silicone to hold the mesh in place and it works just fine.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about the water issues with rain as well. Probably going to punch a couple holes in it for some drainage action.

As for the loudness... the more the merrier. Hopefully it doesn't drown out the Drummer. Just remember, if you think it's too loud I think your too old.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast