Thread: 2010 Ulysses - What Do I need to Do Now?

2010 Ulysses - What Do I need to Do Now?

OK, gave the IAT sensor a good spray with contact cleaner - fingers crossed, that will sort the EML coming on. It was a bit oily and gungy, so I need to do the breather mod. The bike has a K&N filter, but I doubt that would have caused the problem.

Do these engines push out a lot of oil through the breathers? If not, why not just either vent the breathers to atmosphere, or add a little more tubing to vent them at the front inside the filter, next to the velocity stack and well away from the IAT sensor?

I don't know whether it already has the modified right airscoop; how do I tell?

Should I make any more holes in my airbox? Please see the photo (if I manage to attach it...) showing what's there now. I'm not worried about more power, but I wouldn't want to reduce the torque...

It already has the latest belt, fitted by the previous owner 5000 miles ago.

What spares would it be a good idea to buy now or very soon?

Any and all advice welcome. Thank you in anticipation.

TN
    Attached Images Attached Images

Breather mod isnt really needed, doesnt do much but keep your air filter a bit cleaner... the IAT still works even if its dirty, so if its throwing a code for that than there's likely another issue(bad connection maybe??? i dunno not enough info to even begin). the air box has PLENTY of holes in it already leave it alone or do a delete kit (google it, air box mod or air boxdelete). Belts last forever! but if you have the cash buy a spare and put it on the shelf. ill try and find a pic of my RSS scoop...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3915370...&ul_noapp=true

heres one on ebay. bought mine from harley for like $40

Inactive
    Do these engines push out a lot of oil through the breathers? If not, why not just either vent the breathers to atmosphere,

not if the motor is in good internal condition pressure-wise.
    emissions requirements.

Thank you gents, especially BuellyBagger

I'm looking to improve cooling of the rear cylinder, not rider comfort. I don't have the modified airscoop, but I think I need the U7A kit for the Uly, not the L19C. Unless, of course, anyone knows otherwise; the only obvious difference seems to be that there's an extra underseat part in the U7A. There's certainly a hell of a difference in the prices...

I'll leave the airbox as is, then.

Cleaning the IAT sensor didn't help, and the fault is definitely temperature-sensitive, so I'll just replace the sensor.

Thanks again.

TN

Hey no prob. Tn. Let us know if replacing the sensor solves it please.