Thread: Want to use Motorcycle Jack with a Jardine can

Question Want to use Motorcycle Jack with a Jardine can

I'm coming up on needing to service my forks and take a peek at the steering head bearings. That should be enough of an excuse to buy a motorcycle jack, but how does one go about putting these bikes on a jack without smashing the exhaust. I know the factory exhaust had spots that could handle a load, but I don't know about a Jardine muffler.

I almost feel like I should take I off.

Any takers?

Take the jardine off.
    Or put some heavy duty I-bolts in one of the rafters of your garage and use a heavy duty ratchet strap to lift the front end of the bike. You'll need to put the bike in a swing arm stand to keep it steady.
    I've used the this method for years.

I'll probably pull the can off. I'm in a rental and don't know how the owner would feel about some new holes in the garage ceiling.

Thanks!

use the search function on the upper right of the forum home page. I remember seeing posts by the XB guys that made a wooden jack adapter that cradled the exhaust can and there is a thread on here somewhere where they used ladders for the support instead of bolts in the rafters to lift the bike. Search function is your friend.