Thread: Shifter/Shifter bolt

Shifter/Shifter bolt

So I took the Uly out for a nice little ride today. Did 140 miles, but for the last 30 miles or so, I had to shuffle it home due to the bolt on the shifter deciding to leave me somewhere along the way. Any one know where to just find the bolt/bushing to it, or at least a good replacement?

I would just hit you local hardware store.
    As long as you replace it with a grade 8 bolt you should be GTG.
    I have a lowes or Home Depot bolt holding mine in. Been that way for years.
    Don't know about the bushing I'm sure you can find something at tw hardware store. I was lucky and didn't lose mine.

Happened to me this year too. Lost the lower bolt on the shifter. I limped to a Home Depot and removed the top bolt, checked that it was the same as the lower one and walked in and found my replacement. Don't forget the Loctite!

Any knowledge on buellparts.net? They have the parts, but cannot get to the checkout screen. I will head over to Lowe's tomorrow if not.

Buellparts.net is closed

For future reference, you can get parts at Surdyke, New Castle, and St Paul amongst many other HD dealers.

Tried checking around the local parts shops for the right bolts and got nothing. Ordered the parts through Pensacola HD, should be a week they guys said. The parts guy said he's never even seen a Buell Ulysses. SMDH.... Good grief.

Any hardware store will have them for 10¢ or less, as will any Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, Napa... It's just a bolt, Erik didn't machine it himself!