Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was due

It was due

Put a new back tire on last week and took a good look at the belt. At 34500 miles it was cracked between every tooth on the belt. Installed new belt purchased last year and looked at the wheel bearings. The factory bearings failed at 10000 miles but the ones from a local store are still feel good. Poped off the cover and put some grease in them because they looked a little dry but no rust and feel smouth. Rode to work two more days then the CEL came on. Code 21 and the gears in the exhaust actuator are still plastic but the teeth on the gears are good its broke where it goes through the shaft. Ordered one at 217.96 so if didn"t worry about wakeing up people would have went ahead and bought a aftermarket muffler.

Ouch! I think I might have a couple in the back of the dusty garage. I'd mail one to you for postage

Thanks for the generous offer but I already have one coming in the mail. Will buy a aftermarket exhaust before buying another actuator.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Ouch! I think I might have a couple in the back of the dusty garage. I'd mail one to you for postage
    I could use one. I just bought an 09 Uly XT that the PO put an aftermarket muffler on. Honestly, everything on this bike is so good that I'd prefer to replace the stock one rather than programming away from the CEL that I get from it being gone.

Even if you buy a stock muffler, I'd put in the 'race' program for a stock muffler. It runs so much better and cooler than stock. I believe it dis-ables the actuator also, but I could be wrong about that specific part.

Alternatively, you can download ECMDroid for free at the android app store and use a Bluetooth dongle (from Buelltooth.com or AZMidget on here) to simply turn off the CEL without any program change at all.

If you still want the actuator, I'll go look for one as soon as the hurricane passes.

That's me ^^

Link to my Facebook page below if you're interested.
    PM me for Bluetooth info!
    Facebook.com/BuellBluetooth

Got over 37k on my firebolt and thank God never had any bearing problems....

Go knock on wood!

They are very inexpensive and easy to change

Cootr, I am new to this forum and new to Buells. You suggested adding a race map even if you have a stock muffler. I am ok with a wrench but know nothing about tuning, would the race ECM from IDS be a good option?

It's an excellent option if you just want to unplug one ECM and plug in a new one. It's about as easy an upgrade as you can do! IDS has a good reputation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast