Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008 Uly starts but wont run....help!

Update: I started replacing parts out of frustration hoping I would get lucky. So far I have replaced the following,
    Fuel injectors
    Throttle positioning sensor
    Crank position sensor
    ECM from IDS programmed for my bike
    Intake gaskets
    Spark plugs
    Did a compression check 125psi in the front 130psi in the rear

Nothing changed. Still barely starts! Any suggestions on what I should change next? Fuel pump? O2 sensor? What's left but the wiring harness.

Holy shotgun approach 😱

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    Update: I started replacing parts out of frustration hoping I would get lucky. So far I have replaced the following,
    Fuel injectors
    Throttle positioning sensor
    Crank position sensor
    ECM from IDS programmed for my bike
    Intake gaskets
    Spark plugs
    Did a compression check 125psi in the front 130psi in the rear

Nothing changed. Still barely starts! Any suggestions on what I should change next? Fuel pump? O2 sensor? What's left but the wiring harness.
    did you perform a tps reset? must be performed when replacing it along with your new ecm. procedure for 08 and up is:

- Turn on the key.

- Set the kill switch to the run position.

- Do NOT start the engine. Rotate the throttle from fully closed (gently forced closed) to fully open (gently held open), and then back again to closed (gently forced closed).

- Repeat 3 times. Hold each position (fully open, fully closed) for 1 full second.

- Turn the key off and on.

Yes I did a TPS reset but I did it again just to make sure. No changes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Inactive
    Yes I did a TPS reset but I did it again just to make sure. No changes. Thanks for the suggestion.
    have you verified that the TB assembly is tight and secure and attached with all hardware? other board member had your symptoms earlier this month and it was a TB coming loose. other than that i'm at a loss.

Yes everything's good but I decided to test the coil and I am only getting .01 ohms primary and I think spec is around .05? Maybe that will be my next purchase.

Update: I shot some starting fluid down the throttle body and it started for about 5 seconds. So I tested the fuel pressure and was at 10 psi. So I got the parts to rebuild the fuel pump. When I took it apart I discovered the filter sock had completely turned to crap. Anyway I rebuilt the pump and it starts and idles great, I haven't had a chance ride it yet but it looks promising. The old pump was working just good enough to start it but not to keep it running and that's what was throwing me off.

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Update: I shot some starting fluid down the throttle body and it started for about 5 seconds. So I tested the fuel pressure and was at 10 psi. So I got the parts to rebuild the fuel pump. When I took it apart I discovered the filter sock had completely turned to crap. Anyway I rebuilt the pump and it starts and idles great, I haven't had a chance ride it yet but it looks promising. The old pump was working just good enough to start it but not to keep it running and that's what was throwing me off.
    Proof positive you should check the big ticket items first before any parts replacement or minute diagnostics...
    Fuel
    Air
    Spark
    Compression

Glad to see u seem to have found your issue!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123