Thread: Problem with Buell data port

Problem with Buell data port

2004 Xb12R. I am having issues connecting my XB to any programs. Be it computer ECMSPY, or my bluetooth adapters. I bought my bluetooth from one of the best guys on the forums, and when it initially failed, he sent me another that also didn't talk to my bike. EcmDroid keeps getting "error 21" after failing to read the map pages. Sometimes it will fail at page one, other times at page 5 it just gives up. ECMSPY won't talk either, which is odd since it worked for a TPS reset a few months ago.

So I am convinced that the problem is on the Buell itself, rather than computer and ecmDroid issues. Testing the data port, I put a paper clip between pins 1 and 2. The check engine light went crazy, so I know I'm getting some kind of signal. Obviously the bluetooth dongle was getting power and ground, since my phone was able to connect to it wirelessly. Checking all my fuses and relays, and everything is in working order.

At this point I have no idea what to do, or where to look. The bike needs a TPS reset. I will head to my local HD dealer (shudder) tomorrow to see if their "Buell tech" knows anything. But if you can give me some advice or know anything, please help!

As we discussed on Facebook, try removing the headlight fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    As we discussed on Facebook, try removing the headlight fuse.
    Yes sir, I tried this. Same outcome as before. I tried removing the accessories fuse as well, same thing. Error 21

Wonder if you have a broke wire in the back of the data plug and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't