Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECMspy/race map

ECMspy/race map

So here it goes.....2003 xb9r -- breather reroute, k&n filter, and air box mod. It runs lean after the air box mod. I have the BUECB050 firmware, and I have a copy of a BUECB060 race map. I opened them both up in note and compared them side by side.racemap screen shot.jpg
    These values seem out of place in the race map. What is my next step? Do I need to edit the positions of the race map values to match the stock map? Do I use this race map version or find one that have the values in the correct position? Or does someone have one I can copy and paste or simply load?

I greatly appreciate your time and help. BTW, I purchased a complete beson exhaust system and am waiting for the shop to finish welding o2 bungs and ceramic coating. So, I'm just trying to get the bike to run better now and get familiar with ECMspy first, before tuning after installing the beson system. Thanks again.

Simplymichaeljr
    Mike
    Last edited by Simplymichaeljr; 08-27-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Where did you get that race map? It's not correct.

It came with the ECMspy software and cable from ebay I'm new to the program but common sense says that map is definitely screwed up. ....simple deduction from comparing it to the stock map.

Buellmods.com has the correct race maps.

Open 2 windows of ECMSpy, and copy and paste all 4 maps, and burn. Be sure to save your stock eeprom.

Thank you AZ. So, I opened of ECMspy, and loaded the race eeprom (.txt). Then burned JUST the maps. I actually tried to burn the eeprom but it was not compatable (stock firmware is BUECB050 and the race firmware is BUECB060) In hindsight, it was very straight forward once I figured out the purpose of each file type -- eeprom = .txt / fuel maps = .msq Anyways, thought i would update everyone and help anyone in the future with the same issue. Thanks again AZ. I appreciate it.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    Buellmods.com has the correct race maps.

Open 2 windows of ECMSpy, and copy and paste all 4 maps, and burn. Be sure to save your stock eeprom.

outstanding help right there cole!

Too bad he did it completely different and tried the riskiest way of swapping maps. Luckily ECMSpy stopped him from bricking his ECM.

I thought read somewhere that 03 ecms were safe from that. But, yeah I said screw it, nutted up, and I got lucky.

No ECM's are safe from that.
    As far as I know ECMDroid is the only program with the safety built in that will not allow you to burn a different firmware file onto your ECM. It has less options, but if all you want to do is burn a map, or diagnose, it does that just fine.

So in order to do this I have to have the unlocked version of ECMspy, correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast