Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O2 sensor and header install

Hi Chicknstripn,

Did not do the engine rotation. Trying to replace the header without it following the video I posted above by GregoXB. Have the old header out, but can't get the new one to fit into place. Sounds like maybe removing the V bracket will free up enough room to do it.

It can be disconnected and just left hanging if all you're doing is re-installing the header. Safety wire or w/e to support it, it just needs to be loose to allow movement to get the header past it.

Sounds good. Thanks, Dean! I'll give this a try tomorrow.

Ok.
    Not to be the crotchety old man, BUT sometimes short cuts aren't short cuts.
    You know what I mean????
    Engine rotation and you would have been done in half a day. 6hrs start to finish, taking your sweet time, MAX.

Yeah...I get it. Seemed like there had been quite a few people who had done it this way without trouble. Hindsight and all that.

True.
    Live and learn.

BTW
    I don't always trust how to vids or what not. That crap can be edited and "real life" time is never kept in perspective.

All that time spent going back and forth to the fridge for cold PBR's....

Ok...here's the update. Went ahead and did the engine rotate since we weren't having any luck trying to squeeze the header into place. Definitely worth the effort...and not so bad, especially since we already had the muffler and old headers off already. Torquing those big bolts that hold the engine on is a bit intimidating...but it all seemed to go well. And the new header is on!!! (And I used it as an excuse to get myself a little racing jack. Love it! And only $60 with the coupon I had. http://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton-...ump-60569.html ).

Next step is to put my new Drummer SS on and get her buttoned back up again. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for the help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123