Thread: Thanks to all,

Thanks to all,

Yes, a big thanks to all who have and still contribute their expertise here. Last Sunday I took a 35-40 minute ride on my 4-5 month new to me stock 08 Uly. I stopped for about 1 hour, bike started fine and off I went towards home, apparently somehow the battery went dead ??? My wife brought me the battery that came with the bike which I keep on the trickle charger when the bike isn't on it, I had gotten stuck with this battery a couple of times prior to the guys here posting up to get a big crank battery, which I promptly did. It was the 4 month old big crank that went dead, which was really surprising to me.

When time allowed, I started checking the bike, I fully charged the battery and took it down to AutoZone to get it checked, it was good, nothing wrong with it. I then checked the voltage while running, just shy of 15 volts according to my meter. I surmised that it had to be the grounds that caused this problem, took them all and, cleaned them up, put some MC roller chain lube on them and reinstalled.

So far so good, took the bike out for a nice ride today, stopped twice on a 1 1\2 hour ride and no problem !

See, some new B's do read what you knowledgeable guys post up, before asking for help ☺.

Thanks again !

Thumbs up on the write up, these veterans on here are no joke. They are the best in the game when it comes to these machines. Nice of you to recognize their skill set, I'm sure that's what keeps those guys going....glad your machine is doing well now.......enjoy

Njloco- your post is exactly what this is all about! Good for you! You paid attention and figured things out on your own. You probably saved yourself a few hundred bucks not running to the dealer for help as well!

And thanks for posting about your experience.

Jedi you be soon, yes.

It's really good to see that someone searched and then found , (with a little patience ) what they were looking for. Glad to hear you got your bike back on the road.

Good work, njloco!

Really nice write up, I'm super happy you found the info you need. Thank you for posting the whole solution!!!
    Keep the rubber side down, at least the rear one...

I haven't worked on bikes in over 40 years, mostly because up until a couple of years ago, I haven't owned any in over 22 years. All of the kudo's go to you guys, I just did what I'm supposed to do and once read here and figured out was pretty easy.

Keep it up, great work and information.

Thanks again.

Well Done

Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129