Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG Press Release!

BIG Press Release!

Posted this morning:

PRESS RELEASE - EBR Motorcycles; Looking Ahead

East Troy, WI – EBR Motorcycles (Erik Buell Racing) announces the release of their 2017 model year American Sportbikes and progress with the rebuilding of the iconic motorcycle brand.

“It has been an amazing summer since the new EBR was launched. You can imagine the challenges restructuring the new company, but we have made really nice progress building our base for 2017 to launch this week,” said Bill Melvin, owner of EBR. “Our dealers have had nice success selling bikes this summer and we have many new ones coming on. Our quality is continuously improving, our supplier relationships established, and now we are looking towards the future. This fall we have something ‘Quick, Dark, and Low’ in the works that should be exciting for urban street riders, and we are making real progress on expanding the range of models of the 1190 platform, as well as developing and delivering accessories that our EBR riders want. There is a bright future for EBR, and as part of that work is proceeding on a sub-$10k platform for 2018.”

EBR Motorcycles has many exciting updates that will be seen soon. The 2017 models hit the showrooms this week. EBR plans to attend the International Motorcycle Shows in Long Beach, California; New York, New York; Dallas, Texas; and Chicago, Illinois. Show visitors will get to see and learn more about the 2017 models. EBR also will show off selected upcoming 2017 ˝ & 2018 model prototypes at different shows. EBR Apparel will launch within weeks with clothing celebrating the brand, and the team continues international racing as EBR Splitlath with Shelina Moreda at the helm. Along with new products, EBR is reviewing applications for their new Global Sales Director to support and grow EBR’s dealer base organically and through strategic partnerships.

“It’s a great time to ride the only American Sportbike, designed by Erik Buell, and we encourage patriotic Americans to meet these new EBR dealers for a test ride,” said Steve Smith, CEO of EBR. “Of course we had some bumps over the last year, but the road is looking pretty smooth now. It’s exciting to see growth into our next steps and exciting that we can help support the Buell Nation of enthusiasts and riders.”

Dealers, Global Distributors, and riders looking for information on the EBR lineup can visit www.EBR.com or EBR Motorcycles on Facebook.

Yesssssssssss..........

Is that why the 2014 EBR's are $7500 now? Because the 2017's will be "sub $10k"? Either way an AMAZING bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Is that why the 2014 EBR's are $7500 now? Because the 2017's will be "sub $10k"? Either way an AMAZING bargain
    The sub-$10k bike will be a 2018 model, and if the rumors are true, it will be an all-new model.

2014's will be three model years removed and from a different company. It makes every bit of sense for them to be cleared out and to be a distant memory before 2017, 2017.5, and 2018 models start hitting the floor or advertising channels. No need to add any extra hesitation about future viability by taking a look at 2017 models and see 2014 models sitting alongside that have gone unsold.

I believe EBR went around and collected any of the remaining bikes that were in showrooms to liquidate them out (at least, I saw they did so at NHRS and I assume the did/tried to do the same across the board). That's good business planning as far as I'm concerned (and a helluva good deal for anyone picking one up).

so where is my "AX"????? still shows as a shadowy "future model" @ ebr.com? oh well guess ill keeeeep waiting. Low and dark sound cool though!

EBR's done some updates to their webpage. The "motorcycles" section has no info on the 2017's, but if you go to the "store" section, you can put a deposit down on one. Looks like base prices went up a little. There are 5 colors available for each bike, and some colors cost more than others.

Is there anyway possible they could release a platform similar to the XB models?

I'm curious about the 1190 platform expansion statement - iirc the AX wasn't going to be based on the 1190....at least not both cylinders (don't quote me, I'm too lazy to look up the insider AX statements).

Similar to the xb models? yea, that's the RX and SX The frame, perimeter brakes, underslung exhaust, etc. If you mean will they do more air cooled bikes? my opinion is hell to the no. Even the 250R they engineered was liquid cooled.

I actually think the dark/quick/low for URBAN RIDERS is going to be a small displacement bike (they did gain some experience and intellectual capital from the OREH development). I ride the 1190 here in Chicago and it's too much bike for stops/goes/traffic. Also, a lower displacement bike expands the brand and market and opens the interest for more dealers instead of the brand only offering a race bike (essentially). I feel like i'm seeing better business acumen and that's reassuring.

"EBR also will show off selected upcoming 2017 ˝ & 2018 model prototypes at different shows"

Long beach is like 6 weeks out.......i'm salivating for prototypes!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast