Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turn signals issues in Cincinnati

Turn signals issues in Cincinnati

I am for a total loss. Last week I lost a headlight (low beam) so I switched them until I got my replacements (both). After replacing them I noticed my turn signals not working so I checked the fuse, bulbs and grounds, no issues. I replaced the turn signal flasher unit with a different but compatable mode, no change. My tail light works but my lic plate light doesn't. I have a multi meter but I am a little out of my depth trying to find the fault.

What am I missing?? Can someone help??

Turning blindly in Cincinnati

Inactive
    keep in mind that both your headlight positive wiring and your turn signal controller run thru the left side handlebar switchgear housing. i would start with removing the phillips screws that hold the housing together....seperate....check for corrosion at both the L/R signal switch as well as the high/low beam switch. then go to front of bike at pinchbolt/triple clamp/head stock....find the 4 wire ground cluster. remove the attachment hardware, clean well, replace. follow those steps then report back.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    keep in mind that both your headlight positive wiring and your turn signal controller run thru the left side handlebar switchgear housing. i would start with removing the phillips screws that hold the housing together....seperate....check for corrosion at both the L/R signal switch as well as the high/low beam switch. then go to front of bike at pinchbolt/triple clamp/head stock....find the 4 wire ground cluster. remove the attachment hardware, clean well, replace. follow those steps then report back.
    Thank you and will do!

where in Cincy are you?

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    where in Cincy are you?
    Actually in Park Hills, KY by Covington.

pm sent

pm me your email address and I will send you a copy of the wiring diagram, service manual and parts manual. Then we can discuss on the phone your next steps while we are looking at the same diagram.

The electrical diagnostic manual has a troubleshooting checklist of steps to follow if your turn signals fail. The book was less than 60 $ and easy to read in the garage while looking at your bike.

That's a good suggestion, except that the manual is free to download and printout at Buellmods.com and Mr.Logix has very generously offered his personal service over the phone. Can't beat that!

Update

all:

I have cleaned and checked three of the grounds, the main battery, one just left of the battery and the one behind the headlight. I there is continuity on all three ground.
    No change, light still out.
    I will look for the other 2 grounds a try again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast