Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turn signals issues in Cincinnati

Update:

I took apart the turn signal switch on the handle bar and crossed the power from the horn and got the turn signal to turn on. What does this mean??

Who knows? You are avoiding every bit of proper diagnosis and the very generous offer of personal service. If you won't use the red carpet that's layed our for you, You'll need some good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Who knows? You are avoiding every bit of proper diagnosis and the very generous offer of personal service. If you won't use the red carpet that's layed our for you, You'll need some good luck.
    I beg to differ! I followed what was "laid" out for me as instructed, thank you!!

It sounds like the wiring for the turn signals has a bad hot wire connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy_Machine View Post
    I beg to differ! I followed what was "laid" out for me as instructed, thank you!!
    Oops! You got me. I misspelled a word! Guess I'll go away.

I'm lost.
    Is it the headlights that aren't working right or the turn signals?
    This thread started by addressing a headlight issue.

Could you please summarize exactly what's going on?

If you're headlights are having issues check the headlight connector. This thread shows the connectors location:
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...s-On-w-Hi-Beam

If youre having issues with your turn signal check the relay. I have one I'll send you if you discover yours is faulty.

Please update and let us know of any progress.

Cooter- laid or layed- these days I'll take what I can get!
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 10-02-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Hey Cooter, I have been in contact with him off and on, but intermittently because of somethings that are taking up my time. Not his fault.

Since you have tried the left hand control and found that the lights (turn signals) work when jumping the power wire. Clean up any corrosion or dirt in that housing and reassemble. Looking at the wiring diagram B5 that we was going over the other night, find the violet/brown wire coming from the left hand control connector (bottom center of diagram) that runs to the flasher relay. Connect the negative wire of the multi-meter (meter set on DC volts) to a ground and the positive lead of the meter to the pin #1 of the connector of the flasher. turn on the turn signal switch and see if you have power there with the key on. this violet/brown wire is the output of the flasher relay so it will pulse. If you do have power pulsing on the violet/brown wire check that it is pulsing on terminal 5 of the LH control connector. The hand control receives the pulse and routes it to the proper side. Output on the violet wire for the LH signals (pin #6) and output on the brown wire (pin #7)for the RH signals. If you did not have power output pulsing on the #1 terminal of the flasher relay connector, see if you have continuous power (with key on) on terminal #2 orange/white wire of the flasher connector. If yes, replace the flasher relay. If not check for 12 volts on the orange/white wire of the headlight connector (#38B, lower right corner of the diagram). Report back please.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Hell of a weekend, lost my phone, wifes sick and my 6 year old is being a hand full.
    Last edited by mrlogix; 10-02-2016 at 04:44 PM.

This has to be the most knowledgeable, helpful MC forum I know of, good work guys !

I'm in Greensburg, IN. It should be about an hour from you. You're welcome to bring it by the house. We'll get it figured out. If you're interested, PM me for the address.

I want to thank everyone for helping me. I will not be free until 15th so I will get with one of you.

I was talking to Jim on the another board who worked for HD, he remembers hearing that the crank position sensor can effect the turn signals, Ever heard of that??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast