Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Drummer Vs D&D Exhaust ???

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Buy one from Dean! Easy!
    OK, I gotcha. I wish I had the money to pay Dean. I've heard nothing but praise for his exhausts. But I'm a tight, thrifty, cheap son of a gun. I'm gonna give it a shot.

Hey Dean, The two angled tips that you welded on the back of the Magnaflow, are they 2.5"? Are they 409 like the Magnaflow or were they 304? I'm gonna high temp paint the exhaust black but leave the tips stainless. I'm planning on using VHT Flame
    Proof, which is supposed to be good to 2000 F. Any input on a good coating other than VHT?

Thanks

Inactive
    25po0g5.jpgi already have these "apes" on 1 of my lightnings. wondering how this exhaust would sound? betting pretty damn awesome....with bitchin' dyno numbers to match.

Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post
    Hey Dean, The two angled tips that you welded on the back of the Magnaflow, are they 2.5"? Are they 409 like the Magnaflow or were they 304? I'm gonna high temp paint the exhaust black but leave the tips stainless. I'm planning on using VHT Flame
    Proof, which is supposed to be good to 2000 F. Any input on a good coating other than VHT?

Thanks
    Maybe I'm an asshole, but if I were Dean, I don't think I'd be loose with advice for you to copy an exhaust that I make and sell. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by neilrl79 View Post
    Maybe I'm an asshole, but if I were Dean, I don't think I'd be loose with advice for you to copy an exhaust that I make and sell. LoL
    Scratch that... I'm definitely an asshole. Everything else still applies.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    25po0g5.jpgi already have these "apes" on 1 of my lightnings. wondering how this exhaust would sound? betting pretty damn awesome....with bitchin' dyno numbers to match.
    I bet with those bars and pipes you'd be able to get to at least 3 mph over the speed limit in the curves!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancruza View Post

Thanks
    I typically only work with 304, although sometimes I do titanium. The end caps are 436, the body is 409, I called MF and asked. Not sure why they'd use different materials, but that's the answer I got. You can use what you like, 304, 321 and 347 ss won't usually rust, especially if polished. You can use 2.25" or 2.5" tubing, either will fit over the cut off outlets. Good luck on making the paint stick, I'd recommend aluminum oxide media in a blast cabinet. I use Cerakote ceramic if it's getting anything other than bare or polished.

Quote Originally Posted by GRONX View Post
    I bet with those bars and pipes you'd be able to get to at least 3 mph over the speed limit in the curves!!
    That guy is local to me (kinda) although I've never seen him personally.

Was nice to see Dean is NOT an asshole. I really like his mufflers. My next system will be a Dean Adams . 󾓦👍

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Was nice to see Dean is NOT an asshole. I really like his mufflers. My next system will be a Dean Adams . ����
    He's a better man than me, that's for sure.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast