Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drummer Vs D&D Exhaust ???

Dean Adams Vs Drummer Vs D&D Exhaust ???

I am in the market for my 08 12 scg , I had my mind set on the original Drummer or deans Keda , But after looking into the D&D I like the look and listened to a few sound clips, It sounds a little different in a good way, I have never heard either in person. I am sure you guys have had experiences with these pipes. Tell what you think. Pros & cons .
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-15-2016 at 01:59 PM.

I have an original Drummer (not SS) on my '08STT freshly packed it's pretty deep and quiet. Louder than stock for sure, about the same as the Barkers I had.

Working on a custom set-up so it might be for sale in a few weeks

Keep me in the loop on this, Cooter.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-08-2016 at 03:11 AM.

I can't show you the new one... Mwahahaha...

But if I like it and can tune it to perfection, I'll stick my Drummer on the "My bra and other cheap junk" parts for sale list I have on here. It's got the usual speed bump dents, but solid, not rusty, and I just packed 40 miles ago. I'll let ya know

Quick answer.... d&d, on a Buell's I will only run d&ds or microns... the drummers, hawks, special ops...etc use the stock cans. So basically it's a mod Buell exhaust that every 3000-5000 miles you will have to repackage or it will sound like a fart box.

Also back in the day I did a side by side of the d&d and the hawk muffler on YouTube somewhere or you can search the Fourm and find it.

I haven't heard a D&D personally, but when I took apart the Drummer I think it was the first time ever! It had NO packing in it. Not even a shred of material, just the screen banging around in there

I thought it sounded ok like that, just really loud! Maybe a little 'airy'? But with the packing it got a nice deep tone to it

This Drummer is exactly what squidbullie says. They bandsaw off the rear of the stock muffler, gut the valve, weld the hole, then add a screen and packing, then bolt on their end cap. Prey simple and easy, but like I said, I'll be testing a completely custom set up soon.

I can't speak for the D+D but I have an original Drummer that I packed with ceramic packing and I really like the sound of it. It seems to have woke up my 12 with some enhanced throttle response.

Thanks for all your reply's, I think I am leaning toward the D&D exhaust. I am heading to LA for business in a few wks D&D is on on my way they are in lebec ca.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Thanks for all your reply's, I think I am leaning toward the D&D exhaust. I am heading to LA for business in a few wks D&D is on on my way they are in lebec ca.

Unless they moved recently (pretty sure they didn't) d&d is in Ft Worth TX.

That said, if you haven't ever heard one, these are all stainless steel, unlike most out there that use mild steel and then paint them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast