Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buelltooth?

Buelltooth?

Hey guys!!! I have a 2010 buell xb12 scg. I have k&n and plan on doing a drummer. wondering if there is a differents between the buelltooth and the race ecm? Does the buelltooth convert the stock ecm into a race ecm?. I'm going to be getting what ever you guy think is best! As this fourm / cooter among others have never let me down!!lol!!..

You can download the race ecm fuel maps onto your stock ecm without changing the ecm unit itself. The map files can be found on buellmods.com -- if you need step by step help doing that just ask and we can walk you through it. I don't use the Buelltooth so I'm not an expert on that, but someone on here will be able to walk you through the Buelltooth steps

Buell mods only has maps for pre 08 models. The newer "learning" style ECM's apparently aren't as easy to have a race map downloaded to it. Just from the research I've done.

Aw shucks... Thanks for the compliment

The '08-'10 XB Buells (and all 1125's) use a better "DDFI-3" ECM. 'Race' maps are a little harder to come by (and getting easier everyday), but the process is the same.

A "race" map is simply a new set of settings for an ECM that compensate for modifications like a muffler and/or intake system. There are 3 options:
    1) You can buy a new ECM that has those settings on it for a fee.
    2) you can mail yours to someone and have them install the correct settings on yours for a fee
    3) you can learn a little and do it yourself for free

You need 2 things to get a 'race' map on your ECM:
    1) A way to communicate with your ECM (wireless bluetooth dongle is what works with ECMDroid)
    2) The mapping settings ('Race' program') for your firmware version.

First you need to communicate with your ECM via a wireless bluetooth dongle (like wireless headphones do) Buelltooth.com is just a company name for a bluetooth dongle. It's a very good one, there are others for sale as well. FWIW, I only trust the guys on this site and Buelltooth.com.
    Then download ECMDroid (for free) from the android app store. Follow the instructions on Buelltooth.com.
    Once the dongle is connected between the android tablet/phone/PC whatever and the ECM, it will tell you the firmware version (and let you do neat diagnosis tricks like test the injectors a couple times, then test the coils... wait don't do that!! haha).

To get the map, Buellmods.com, Buelltooth.com, and several people, including members here have catalogs of existing maps that they will supply you for free. Get it via e-mail/download whatever. Save your stock settings in the tablet/phone whatever, then install the new settings.

Brag about how cool you are to all of your friend.
    Easy!
    Last edited by Cooter; 10-03-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Cooter, you playing with other people's dongles again?

Cooter, your instructions sound professional and hip. Kinda like those sex ed videos on how to put a condom on a dongle lol. Condoms are cool!

As always Cooter you are the man!. Thanks again! I will definitely be getting the buelltooth!!! Once I get this stuff in hand I'll definitely be posting a vid on YouTube on how to do it yourself. Lol I might ask a couple more silly questions as I do not want to fungup my baby. The guys on this form are awesome. Thanks again everyone for your great posts and knowledgeable inputs. Ride safe guys!!! P.s.
    Condoms are for sailors and gypsies.

Quote Originally Posted by chaselantern View Post
    Condoms are for sailors and gypsies.
    Tell that to my genital warts!

Hey guys just wanted to say that the Bluetooth dongle you can buy on ebay paired with ECMDroid app is a very valuable tool and works like a charm. Big shout out to chaselantern as he has been a wealth of knowledge and help to me and my 2006 XB12SS!
    Last edited by XB12SSGAMBLE; 10-13-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Gamble--glad to hear you've had success using the app. And, nice to see guys helping each other out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast