Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bike swap

Cooter, How did it go with your speedo reflash.? I am still running in Kilometers. I can add some mph numbers as reference but still am rolling in Kilometers

All, My big dilemma now is which bikes to sell and which ones to keep. I like them all -- the EBR 1190RX, The '09 Uly, the 2010 Ss.

I am still paying off the EBR but own the others. I hadn't planned on being a bike rental shop --what to do what to do?

Good reading and info, thx

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    All, My big dilemma now is which bikes to sell and which ones to keep. I like them all -- the EBR 1190RX, The '09 Uly, the 2010 Ss.

I am still paying off the EBR but own the others. I hadn't planned on being a bike rental shop --what to do what to do?
    If you really feel the need to unload one, I would say the ss would go. Basically the same as the uly but not near as comfy and I actually feel more confident corning on my uly than my ss (mostly because of the wider bars, could be ride time difference). So in the end you end up with a super sport, and a very capable sport&tourer and no in between. ..
    But if you can, keep em all lol
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 11-22-2016 at 02:36 PM.

For Cooter and others.

Well this Winter is slipping by and I have an update on the 2010 Ss. After getting it all imported and registered etc. I had been riding it around a bit. One day the speedo died and the check engine light would come on after a few minutes of riding. I was prepared for a worst case but Chris Rivas to the rescue. He replaced the speedo sensor and all is well.

I had him put a set of the new Metzeler Road Tecs' on and now the bike handles like a dream--none of that funky fall in at low speeds.
    As soon as the weather settles down I will take it for a longer trip -- right now I am enthused and optimistic about the bike.

Did you ever have any luck with your speedo reflash?

Optomist

I've honestly been too busy. Venice H-D says they will fix it no sweat but Wow this is a good reminder how long its been!

I have a Triumph Explorer, that's for going to work, my Ully is for going to all the places the Explorer is too heavy to go, my recently acquired 07 xb12ss I haven't figured out yet, mostly because I still have to break it in ( 617 original miles ) but I'll fit it into the schedule somehow.

The only correct decision is to keep them all !

Hello All,

Now that Spring is here I have been tooling around on the Ss quite a bit. Sweet little bike. Problem is I could use some cash about now ( can anybody say IRS?). I decided to keep the ULY and the 1190 RX and let the Ss go.
    I put a new set of Metzeler Road Tecs on about 100 miles ago. Nice clean bike, no issues asking 5 K and I will deliver within 1000 miles if buyer buys one way fuel. Around 12,000 miles on bike. I am up near Seattle.

I haven't figured out how to post pictures but if anyone is interested they can PM me and I will respond with some pics.

Hello All,

Well here it is, Spring at last and lots of great riding ahead. Planning out some longish trips. Here is my problem. I go in my garage and see 3 bikes -- the Ss, the Uly and the 1190 RX. All awesome in their way, all in perfect tune--they are all plated and insured --This is crazy. I need some help in lightening the load. Someone PM if they are looking for a good deal on one of these bikes.

I put the Ss on Craigs and got several low balls and have to go the bank tomorrow sort of thing. I won't even get into the VFR I am trying to sell.

Great ride for someone.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    Hello All,

Well here it is, Spring at last and lots of great riding ahead. Planning out some longish trips. Here is my problem. I go in my garage and see 3 bikes -- the Ss, the Uly and the 1190 RX. All awesome in their way, all in perfect tune--they are all plated and insured --This is crazy. I need some help in lightening the load. Someone PM if they are looking for a good deal on one of these bikes.

I put the Ss on Craigs and got several low balls and have to go the bank tomorrow sort of thing. I won't even get into the VFR I am trying to sell.

Great ride for someone.
    i walk into my garage and on any given day see 25-30 bikes. doesn't seem crazy to me at all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast