Thread: What have YOU heard???????

What have YOU heard???????

I've got an 09 City X with a Jardine pipe that I do NOT like. I'm looking for a new exhaust. On a previous XB12SS I had a Buell race exhaust. I really liked it's sound and tone. I would love to have another one, but they are very hard to find and are usually very pricey. I've been doing lots of reading and research and I came across the Magnaflow 11148 conversion that some people have done. I already have the Jardine downpipe, so I won't need to fab one up. The only thing I would want to do is change the outlets to angle away from the back tire, like in the pics I've seen. I think this would be a pretty easy swap, PLUS +++ Advance Auto has a 30% off coupon going right now so I can purchase one from them for around $69. My question is..... has anyone on here heard both the Buell race exhaust and the Magnaflow pipe? How do they compare? I would really like to rear a Magnaflow - in person, but I'm gonna guess this probably would be a difficult and time consuming task. I can listen to exhausts all day on Youtube, but you really can't gauge what one sounds like in person by doing this. I'm also looking for the stock rear mount and straps, if anybody has one, let me know. EBR has the straps new for $16 each but I'm looking around to see what else I can find also.

Thanks to Dean Adams for blazing this trail and for all the great pics and info.

Here's a clip of the Magnaflow conversion if you haven't seen or heard it.

Inactive
    hey levan: thanks very much for the nice birthday wishes. appreciate that. don't have the answer to any of your questions above but the hawkins muffler is available at a great price point, has a very nice raspy sound that's not intrusive, and factory cowling retained. know nothing of its performance parameters but they look and sound very nice.