Thread: Don't cut corners.

Don't cut corners.

Not that any of you would, I'm a bit old school so you'd think I would know better but, like most people, I figured adjusting the clutch lever is like or similar to the old days, say a 70 Bonny, not so ! I figured I could just take the slack out of the clutch lever with the cable adjuster by the front cylinder and though it did work, I was never really happy with the results. So today I did it according to this forum and the shop manual, what a difference ! I will never cut corners again on this bike unless it's approved by this firm. Of coarse this is mostly meant for new B's like myself.

I wanted to post this in the general motorcycle chat section but it's John's birthday and he certainly deserves to be at the top of the list for today !

Inactive
    I wanted to post this in the general motorcycle chat section but it's John's birthday and he certainly deserves to be at the top of the list for today !

thanks much for the compliment. greatly appreciate that. and sound advice on lever adjustment. always do the adjustment barrel in conjunction with the clutch pack screw. held true in the old sporster days...still true today with all XB's.

Take a good look at this, even on his birthday, he's giving good advice and help on this forum ! John, again happy birthday and , I hope someday I can help someone out on any forum the way you've devoted yourself to this one that I know of.

As far as the clutch adjustment goes, your right, what a difference and it's because of the recommendations on this forum that I corrected the way I did it.

Go and enjoy the rest of your day.