Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miles to KM and back to Miles

Miles to KM and back to Miles

Hey guys ,I am very curious on how to change the reading on my speedo cluster from miles to KM ,just in case I do it by mistake. Can any body step by step walk me through this procedure. Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-12-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Buellmods.com has the owners manual you need. For free.

Thanks Cooter , I will see what I can find out.

Cooter , I looked over the Electrical section 7.20 on the instrument panel, I could not find anything discussing switching from Miles to KM, So back to the group If anybody can provide me the insight on how to switch from miles to KM. Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 10-11-2016 at 08:35 PM.

Inactive
    ^^^^ never saw the conversion mentioned in any manual or service article. i'm pretty certain you need Part No. HD-41354 which is h-d/buell speedo tester/calibration unit to change the speedo sensor pulses from mph to khm.....english to metric in other words. might be mistaken but thinking that's the required gizmo required. if conversion mentioned in field service manual would be buried somewhere in chapter 7.

Well Thanks guys, It sounds like I will not be able to put in the wrong mod without a gizmo. I was reading a old post were a guy took his bike in to the HD shop and it had like 2000 more miles on it when he picked it up, At first he thought some joy riding took place then he learned it was in the KM mode, So much for that story. Thanks for your time.

I could swear you just hold the mode button? Or maybe both buttons at the same time and do it again to re-set it.
    It was something simple, I think I did it by mistake once?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm definitely old and possibly drunk. I'll go check in the morning.

Silverrider, I was being a smartass but the manual is very helpful (when it has answers to seemingly easy questions!) I'm super surprised it's not in there... I am a manual reader (and a button pusher says the wife)

I couldn't find it in the manual either, but I did some digging and I found this.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...need-some-help

That's all I found pertaining to the XB. Every time I saw programmable dash it pertained to the 1125 series.
    Can someone confirm/deny?

Here is the one I was reading . http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...hile-at-dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast